Chapter 27- Katie

My father figured out that she was dangerous even though she was tied up as soon as I did. He backed away from her, and a look of fear flashed through his eyes before he was able to cover it. He scowled and opened his mouth to say something but closed it when he couldn't figure out what to say.

"Well?" Aunt Jess asked, raising an eyebrow. She cocked her head and studied him, ignoring the blood that entered her mouth from her nose. A sneer appeared on her face, and I was very grateful that I was not the one it was directed toward. "Cat got your tongue?"

He gritted his teeth and shook his head before he growled. "If you do anything, she will get punished," he said, gesturing to me, and my heart dropped into my stomach. "Do you understand? If you do anything that I do not like, then she will get punished on your behalf."

Aunt Jess glanced at me and then shook her head while she looked back at my father. "No, she won't," she said, and there was this thing in her voice that made me believe that I wouldn't get punished on her behalf.

He stayed silent and raised an eyebrow in question. He set his jaw, and I could tell that he did not like being told what would and would not happen in the future.

She cocked her head and studied him. "Do you want to know why I say that?" she asked, raising her eyebrow. Her whole body was relaxed, and she still looked like she was talking about the weather and not being threatened or not listening to my life getting threatened either.

"Enlighten me," he said sarcastically. He gestured with his hand for her to continue. "Please, tell me why I won't harm her if you do anything. I would be honored to know."

She smiled, and she had this dangerous look in her eyes. She didn't say a word while she had a look on her face, and both my father and I grew nervous and anxious because she looked like the predator that she was.

"Well?" my father asked. His voice shook slightly before he cleared his throat and stood taller. He placed his hands behind his back while he waited, and I had a feeling that he was trying to make it seem like he wasn't scared, even though we knew he was. "What is it?"

The only person that didn't seem to be scared of her was the male that had been at the park that day. He had a look on his face while he studied Aunt Jess, and I vaguely remembered her getting scared of him. He hadn't said a word while they played this game, being more of an observer like me.

"If you lay a single hand on her, I will kill you," she said, her voice dark. "It doesn't matter if I am in chains or not. I will get out of them and kill you." She bared her teeth like a wolf and narrowed her eyes. "No one will be able to stop me, not even him." She jabbed her chin toward the other male.

"What about the safety of your child?" my father asked while he tried to gain control over the situation again. He raised an eyebrow and cocked his head while he studied her. "Will you risk your child's safety?"

"Will you risk losing a child that could be turned into a weapon?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. "We don't know if my child will be born like me or not. Would you take that risk?"

My father set his jaw and narrowed his eyes. He didn't say a word, but I could tell that he was becoming more and more intimidated by her by the second. He flared his nostrils and pursed his lips while he tried to develop a plan to gain back the control that he slowly lost.

However, he couldn't because Aunt Jess met him at every turn with something else. He knew how dangerous this female was even without being able to shift into her wolf form or had the strength of a Hunter. He could tell that the chains wouldn't hold her if she got too mad and knew better than to lay a hand on me unless he wanted the beast that was hidden inside of her, waiting to be freed.

My father set his jaw and shook his head, and Aunt Jess raised an eyebrow in question. "No," he said, and she smirked. He narrowed his eyes and scowled, hating to admit defeat. "But that doesn't mean I won't do something to you if you do cross me."

She cocked her head and raised her eyebrow higher. "Like what?" she asked. "Kill me?" She snorted and rolled her eyes. "Please, it seems to me that you are in between a rock and a hard spot. Don't you think?"

He scowled and gestured towards the male that was in the room with us. "Then I'll kill him," he said, trying to get something out of her. "He is your brother; is he not?"

Aunt Jess glanced at him and then looked at my father. Her face was blank, and there was no emotion in her eyes whatsoever. "Go ahead," she replied, and the male beside him raised an eyebrow and looked shocked at her rash statement. "My brother died a long time ago. I don't know this male even if he has the same face as him." She jabbed her head towards the male, and my father looked in his direction, only meeting a male with the same expression on his sister's face.

"You two are related, correct?" my father asked.

"Yes," he replied and nodded. "She is my sister."

My father turned to face Aunt Jess and looked smug. However, the smug turned into a scowl when there was no change in her expression. He huffed and moved a hand through his hair and glared. "Well?" he asked.

Aunt Jess raised an eyebrow and stayed silent.

My father gritted his teeth together, and his glare became harder at Aunt Jess, even though she did not look fazed at all. "Get something out of her, Nikolai," he said, authoritatively, and he nodded. He gestured to me, and Nikolai looked at me and then back at him. "Use her if you have to."

"Yes, Sir."

My father glared one last time at Aunt Jess before he left, leaving us alone with this male that was or was not her brother.