Chapter 4- Katie

I followed Jess into the kitchen to see a male sitting at a table with a female consoling him. The male had his head in his hands, and I could tell that he was groaning about something. I stopped in the doorway, my heart starting to pound. Fear coursed through my body because I didn't know them, and I didn't know if they would try to do something to me.

Jess seemed to have noticed my state and turned to look at me. A smile was on her face while she came over and rubbed my arm. "It's fine," she said, soothingly, causing me to relax slightly. "They won't try to hurt you." She grabbed my hand and walked into the kitchen with me following. "How much did he break this time?" she asked, nudging me to sit on a stool in front of the counter.

The male looked up, relief filling his eyes when he caught sight of the older female. He glanced at me, curiously but didn't say anything while he turned his gaze back to Jess. "He broke that vase with the flowers he had given you yesterday," he said. "And a couple of glass dishes."

"I hid your china," the female said. "I'm... sorry about the vase."

Jess relaxed and let out a sigh of relief. "Thank Goddess, I hated that vase," she said, going over to the fridge.

"But you told Mary Anne that you liked it," the female said. She smirked and shook her head when Jess stayed silent. "Or did you lie?"

Jess turned to look at the female and winked, smirking. "What Mary Anne doesn't know, won't kill her," she said. She turned back to the fridge and clutched at the door. "Fuckin' hell," she groaned, leaning against the fridge door.

"Aunt Jess?" the male asked, worry in his voice. "Are you alright?"

"Get me my wheelchair, please," she said. "Jamie, can you get stuff for me to make a sandwich and cookies, please? Ooh, and some pickles?"

The female, Jamie, walked over to her and held out her hand. "And, this is why you should've taken one of the guys with you," she said, scowling her as if she was a child. "What if you had fallen when it was just you and Macey?" She sat her down on one of the stools while Jess waved dismissively.

"I would've been able to get to the car," Macey said, walking into the kitchen. She smiled at me before turning her gaze to Jess. "The boys placed the baby clothes up where they were supposed to go." She smirked and held up her phone. "I have them gushing over the baby clothes we had bought."

Jess grinned, and I could see that her whole face lightened up about the other men gushing over the clothes. "Did you send me a copy? I'm sure that one of the boys will try to delete yours."

Macey nodded her head and sat down beside her. "I think that whoever her boyfriend is will have a hard time with how protective these nitwits will be."

"Hey, she will be the first baby that Aunt Jess will have," someone said behind us. He smiled at me in apology when I had jumped up and turned to look behind me to see the male from before. "Sorry, about that. I'm Jesse." He nodded his head to where the female was placing stuff on the kitchen table. "That is my girlfriend, Jamie." He helped Jess out of the chair and into her wheelchair before pushing her up to the table in front of the stuff.

I waved my hand and smiled. I hated being in the center of attention and hated that I felt guilty for not talking to them.

"That is Katie," Jess said, starting on the sandwich. "She doesn't normally talk from what I have noticed." She looked at me and pushed the sandwich over to Jesse before gesturing to me. "Can you sign?"

I nodded my head and took the sandwich from Jesse, offering a smile to them. I took a bite of it and loved the taste of it. "Mmmmm," I said, causing Jess to snicker. I looked down and blushed, not liking the fact she was laughing at me.

"I'm not laughing at you, Dear," Jess consoled. "I didn't know that my sandwich would be that good. I know that my cookies are."

"Speaking of cookies," Jesse said. "Can you make some?"

I looked up to see Jess looking at him, contemplating. I bit back a snort when I saw that Jesse was giving her puppy dog eyes, but it looked like it didn't work on her.

She huffed, teasingly, and looked at the supplies in front of her. "Fine," she said, starting to make the cookies from scratch. "But, you get to place them in the oven."

"Fine."