Chapter 10- Daniel

I fiddled with my keys while I waited for her to come down the stairs with my mother. I was nervous that she wouldn't like what I had planned for her and prayed to the Goddess that she did. I had to get my mother's help with it, and I was grateful that she wanted to help. She wanted to act like the mother that I hadn't really had. I knew that Dad was upset that she was wanting help because of the fact that there were some yelling and shattering glass. Whatever my mother did scare my father into acceptance and again, lead me to believe that she was the one that wore the pants in the relationship.

Someone cleared their throat, and I looked to the top of the stairway. My mother smirked at me, her eyes giving away how tired she was. A smile appeared on her face, giving me the impression that she was all right. "May I present to you the new Katie." She moved out of the way to show my mate.

My breath caught in my throat as I took in the sight of my beautiful mate.

Katie ducked her head and hid behind my mother. A blush was on her face, and I could tell that I made her nervous because I looking at her "weirdly". She pulled at my mother's arm, and she looked at my mate.

"Relax," Mom said, and I could hear a smile curving on her face. "Boys do that all the time when their girlfriends walk all fancy or not. If they don't then the females need to walk away and try it again."

I smiled and shook my head. "You look beautiful, Katie," I said, and Katie peeked from behind her. I held my hand out to my mate and waited for her to walk down the steps. A smile appeared on my face when she excitedly walked down the steps and took my hand, loving the feeling of the sparks that went up and down my arm. "Are you ready?"

Katie shook her head, no, and I pouted. A smile appeared on her face, and I was glad that she wasn't that scared around me.

I took my hand out of hers and slumped my shoulders in defeat. "Ok, I guess I can go by myself then." I turned around to start leaving the room before I was jumped on by my mate. "Mmph, so heavy," I groaned, teasingly, shifting her until she was settled more on my back. "We'll be back later, Mom," I called over my shoulder.

"No, babies. We don't need any more children, like your father."

"Jess," Dad whined, and my mother laughed. "You are mean."

Mom just laughed, and I knew she kissed him on the lips. "We'll see you by midnight. Drive safe."

I nodded and opened the door to the house. I was nervous, to be honest because I didn't know if she would like this or not. I prayed to the Goddess that she did...

***

I pulled into Olive Garden and looked at my mate. A smile appeared on my face when I saw her awestruck face. "Mom said that you had some good memories here," I said, and she looked at me. "I hope you don't mind ea-"

Katie pecked my cheek, and I became quiet. Her face became red as she pulled away and cleared her throat. 'It's perfect,' she signed. 'But, how did you find out that I did? Your mother asked me while she was helping me with my hair.'

I shrugged my shoulder, not wanting to tell her that I linked my mother. I still hadn't told her about me being a Werewolf, and I didn't know when I would do that. I didn't want her to be afraid of me, and I think that was the reason why I didn't do it. "She texted me."

Katie nodded her head, and I could see the confusion in her eyes. She knew something, but she wasn't going to tell me.

"I'll get the door for you," I said, quickly, not wanting to talk more about the fact that I was a Werewolf and was hiding it from her.

Katie scowled when I opened her door, and I raised an eyebrow. 'I can open the door, you know,' she said.

I smiled, relief flowing through me because I was glad that she didn't care I was hiding something from her... yet. "You can open the door when you aren't with me. If you are, then I am opening the door. It doesn't matter what door. You are not permitted to open it."

Katie rolled her eyes and took the hand that I offered her. She smiled and shook her head, letting me know that she thought that I was crazy.

"Crazy for you," I replied, nudging her. I smiled when she snorted, falling deeper into love with her. "So, I was thinking of eating here and then walking around the park for a bit. We have one closer to the city we live in. Mom just likes that one for some reason. How does that sound?"

Katie nodded her head, putting her other arm through mine. She looked around the area, her eyes filled with wonder until she caught sight of something that made her stop midstep. Her heart rate picked up, and I became on high alert.

"Katie?" I asked, stopping too before I pulled her too far. I turned her towards me, spying that her face was pale. My whole body tensed because I had no idea what had scared her so badly and hoped that it wasn't something that would cause her to leave the safety of the pack. "Katie," I said, shaking her a bit.

Katie turned to look at me, and  fear was a  strong thing in her eyes. She was about to pull away when realization dawned on her face as to who I was and escape whatever memory had taken over. She tried to smile at me to calm my nerves, but it didn't work.

"What happened?" I asked, looking around but not seeing anything out of the ordinary. 'I need patrols over here near the Olive Garden. Something scared your Luna, and I have a bad feeling about it,' I linked some members of my pack.

'Yes, Alpha,' they said.

"Well,?" I asked, looking at Katie.

'I am fine,' she said, signaling me. She tried to smile, but that didn't stop my worry. 'Can we go eat? I don't want to talk about it.'

I hesitated but nodded, hoping that she would tell me when she was ready. "Sure," I said. I took her hand, again, and lead her to Olive Garden. Goddess, protect her, I prayed. Protect her from whatever is going to happen.