Chapter 20- Daniel

A/N: I was going to wait for my plan to be said in the third book, but I'm just too excited and wanted to start writing on an AU version with these charries, so all will be explained in the next chapter. Or... if you have been reading on the Caught Series, you might have seen something from it. ;)

~Rissa

Note: The AU won't happen until sometime 2022, hopefully.

________________________________________________________________________

I was worried about her, but I knew that I was going to have to talk to her later. My duty as the Alpha was important right now, and I knew that I was going to have to take him to my mother. "Follow me," I said, walking towards my office. 'Mom, are you up?' I asked, linking my mom.

'Yes, why?' she asked. 'Did something happen to your mate?'

'No, but Roger is here. I am taking him to the office if you are willing to meet him. If not, I can set him in one of the guest rooms.'

'Do you know why he is here?' she asked. 'But I think I am ok to meet him. David will be coming with.'

"Why are you here?" I asked, looking at the male that my mother was friends with.

"To talk to her, of course," Roger said. "Why?"

"She asked," I replied. "She will ask me what you want to talk about."

"Tell her that I will explain some when I see her. You and your father can be in the room as well. I think that it is important that you two know what is happening as well."

I hesitated and nodded. 'He wants to talk about something. He won't tell me what it is, but he says that Dad and I are allowed in the room as well.'

'I will wake up your father then and let him know that we need to meet in the office,' she said. 'He is so cute when he snores.' She grumbled, and a small smirk appeared on my face. 'Remind me to ask someone for a piece of paper. I want to stuff it up his nose.'

'Mom,' I said, chuckling softly. 'That would be kind of rude, don't you think?'

'Well, his snoring and this damn baby of his are keeping me awake. Tell him we will be there shortly.'

"My parents will be with us shortly," I said when I reached the office. I opened the door and waited until he walked in before walking in after him, closing the door behind him. "She has to wake up my dad."

Roger didn't say a word but nodded. He studied the room, his whole body stiff as he waited for me to say something or for them to show up. He was quiet, and my wolf and I were on edge because of it."Take a seat," I said, gesturing towards the couch plus a couple of chairs that were in front of it. "Would you like something to drink?"

"Water is fine, thank you," Roger said. He walked over to one of the three chairs and sat down. Still, he was quiet, a sense of nostalgia filling his eyes.

I nodded and grabbed two bottles of water from the fridge. I handed the bottle of water to him and sat down.

The silence between us was stiff and heavy. Everything was grave and still, Roger not moving to open the bottle of water.

The door opened, and Roger and I stood and looked that way. 

My mother came in, being carried by my father. She still looked pale, the freckles on her face contrasting more than normal. Her gray eyes were bright and full of life, as well as being alert.

"How are you feeling?" I asked, and she looked at me.

Mom smiled. "Good," she said. "Tired because someone decided to snore." She looked up at my father and scowled.

"I do not snore," he said, closing the door and walking towards the couches. He looked at Roger as he sat down, and the two of us sat down with him. "It is nice to see you again," he said, changing the subject. "Why come now?"

"Jessica had asked me to come," he said. "And, I will be leaving in a few weeks to go on a trip to England tomorrow."

"I had asked you to come two days ago," Mom said. "Why now?"

"You have been going into places that you weren't supposed to be going into," he said, giving her a pointed look.

"Do what?" Dad asked, looking at my mother.

Mom shrugged. "I hacked into the Hunter's database," she said. "I was trying to find information about how my brother was still alive even though I remember my grandfather telling me that I was the only one that survived." She gave Roger a pointed look, and he frowned.

"What do you know?" Roger asked.

"Not much," she replied. "But I did find something interesting." She gave him a pointed look, and Roger shifted in his seat and looked uncomfortable.

Her gray eyes stared into his soul, and I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. Her whole body was tense, and my father became tense. She wasn't accusing him of anything, but that didn't matter as they both appeared to be in a staring contest that didn't concern either me or my father.

"Why didn't you tell me?"