Chapter 32- Daniel's POV

A/N: I know that this is late. I do apologize for that. I am working on 51 books while working an actual job, so ya. I am slowly but surely getting stories done.

Hopefully, I can get some books done this year, maybe even this one.

Thank you all for your patience with me.

~Rissa

___________________________________________________________________________

I flicked my tail and sat down while I waited for my mother to appear on the path like she had promised us. Anger and annoyance filled my body, and I couldn't help but wonder what was taking her so long to get here. I kept glancing at my dad to see how he was holding up, only to find him in his human form, looking down the path with his arms folded across his chest.

His face was a mask, but I had a feeling that he was just as anxious and mad as me. He didn't say a word to anyone while he waited, and I could tell that he was worried about the unborn baby that my mother carried in her womb and not just her.

I turned to look towards the path again and frowned when I still didn't see her. I wanted to follow this path and go find her, but my mother's words of warning filled my brain and kept me seated.

Don't follow, for it could cost us our lives...

I huffed and flicked my tail again while I waited, annoyed. I pricked my ears towards the path while I waited, and it didn't take long for a sound of a canary singing through the trees while my patience slowly ran thin.

If this wasn't her, then I was going after them. No matter what she said.

My dad relaxed and breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank Goddess," he muttered under his breath. He cleared his throat and shook his head before he answered back with a coo of a dove.

I looked at him and raised an eyebrow in question, amused that my father had decided to do that instead of something else.

My father looked at me and noticed that I was staring at him, and shrugged. "Your mother came up with it," he said. "Don't ask because I have no idea why."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes but didn't say a word while I turned my attention back to the path. My heart pounded hard in my chest, and I prayed that my mate wasn't hurt because of my mother's stupidity.

'Alphas, there are a lot of people coming your way,' a scout said, interrupting the silence that fell on us. 'Both of the Lunas are safe, but Jess is in the arms of one of them.'

I glanced at my father to see how he would react and noticed that his face was blank, but there was a bit of anger in his eyes. 'Has she said anything to you?' I asked when my father didn't say a word.

'Yes, she said that they were safe. It seems to me that the one that is holding Jess had the same concern when he sensed me.'

I flicked my tail and didn't say a word while I waited for them to appear. 'How many people are there?' I asked.

'I don't know,' he replied. 'It could be about fifty, but I am not sure about the exact number. You might be able to get that out from her when she is close.' He paused. 'Or you can try to link her, and she can tell you.'

I set my jaw and didn't say a word. I knew that I could link her and see, but I didn't want to do that. I did not want to hear any of her excuses as to why she put my mate's life in danger as well as her own child.

My father nudged my side, and I looked at him and not the path that they were following. "It seems to me that your mate is the same as her," he said. "That's why her father wanted her alive because she could make weapons or be made into one."