Chapter 1- Daniel

I sighed a little and placed my chin on my hand. I was bored and all I wanted to do was go home. College sucked. It sucks when you had a professor that drones on and on. He had a nasal voice, that a lot of people would be falling asleep.

I grunted a little and closed my eyes, knowing that one of my packmates would help me with my studying. My mother would also help, even though she would scold me for not paying attention. However, she understood because this teacher had been hers as well.

I have been losing sleep and my wolf was restless, wanting his mate next to him. And to tell you the truth, I did also. It was hard being 20 years of age and running a pack without my mate by my side.

A Luna of the pack and a mate was supposed to keep the Alpha male from going insane. Being an Alpha Male was tough, and I was losing my saneness. People tried to help me, but it wasn't working.

"Mr. Berkley," someone said. "MR. BERKLEY!" the professor yelled at me.

"42!" I replied jolting up from my seat, making the other classmate's snort and cover-up laughter.

Professor Hennings scowled as he looked at me up and down. His brown eyes were filled with dislike, as he narrowed them. "This isn't math class, Mr. Berkly. It is science." The bell rang, saving me from a long ranting.

I grabbed my stuff and left, followed by my Beta and best friend, Parker.

"Dude, what's the matter? You have been so cautious and wary about something," he said. "Also, you're turning a little cuckoo."

I growled at him and punched him in his arm. "Be glad that you're my best friend," I said growling again before sighing. "I don't know, I just feel so lost. I'm losing my mind, and I want my mate. It's been 4 years since I was supposed to find her, or him."

Parker nodded his head, sighing a bit. "I feel ya, Man," he replied. "I want my mate badly." He stayed silent for a minute. "Hey, wanna make a run to Menchies? Aunt Jess isn't picking us up is she?"

I shook my head. "She's picking up baby clothes, for the new baby. Mom and Dad found out what they're having. So, I guess we can go to Menchies."

"All right then," Parker said, as we started out of the school. "So what is the new Alpha going to be?"

"The baby is a she, and I'll still be the Alpha," I replied, glaring at Parker, making him put his hands up.

"All right, Danny, I know that look, and it means to drop the subject. Let's get the food."

***

We were walking around town, goofing off. However, it was mainly my best friend that was goofing off with my Gamma Reed Waters and one of our warriors, Andrew Mason.

I stopped when there was a smell of cherries and chocolate. My wolf was clawing to the surface, wanting to get to it.

'Mate,' Bruce growled. 'Get to her.'

"Dude, do you smell cherries and chocolate?" I asked looking at my best friend. I wanted to know if he smelt it, also. If not, then I wanted to go find whatever it was

Parker sniffed the air, also. "No, but I do smell vanilla and caramel," he replied.

Both Reed and Andrew grinned at us. "Dudes, I think that you smell your mates," Reed said. "You better go get them."

I glanced around and saw two females, staring at us. The one with deep blue eyes and black hair glanced at me before turning to her friend. Her friend, the girl that smelt like Chocolate and Cherries, looked to have fiery red hair and green eyes.

"Run!" the black-haired female hissed to my mate. The redhead frowned a little, but she listened to her anyways and ran, following the other female.

'Mate's getting away. Go after her!' Bruce said, growling at me.

I couldn't agree more and ran after them.

"Daniel!" Reed called out to me. "Parker!" He growled, softly, before starting to run after us with Andrew behind him.