Chapter 2- Katie

A/N: I hate allergies.

____________________________________________________________

I was scared when Sarah told me to run when she caught a "sense" of something bad that would happen to us. I mean, I looked behind us as well, but I couldn't help but notice the way that guy with blonde hair was looking at me as if I was some sort of rare gem.

"Come on, Katie," Sarah said, grabbing my hand and starting to pull me when she noticed that I didn't run as fast as her. "We have to go faster!"

I bit my lip when she stretched my arm out a little too far, and I was surprised that it didn't pop. I knew that she was a fast runner, but I haven't been able to run as fast as her, even though we had been on the run for a while.

"Oomph," someone said when I ran into them, thanks to Sarah. Warm hands grabbed my arms, and I was slightly surprised that I didn't panic when the person touch me. "Easy there," the person said, sounding female.

"Are you alright, Jess?" another female said, worry filling her voice.

I looked up to see a pair of warm gray eyes looking into my green eye. There was a smile on her face while she studied me up and down, taking in the ragged appearance.

"I am fine, Macey," she replied, glancing at her friend before turning to look over my shoulder. "And now I know why they were running," she muttered.

I turned to look and a silent gasp came from my lips when I saw four young men running towards me. I, quickly, hid behind the female named Jess and grabbed her shirt, shaking. I didn't know what was happening, but I was sure that they would try to hurt me.

"Boys," she warned, causing the four men to stop and run into each other.

"Hey, Aunt Jess," one male said. He glanced around, probably trying to find someone. "Where is Joe or Jesse?"

"Off doing something with their family. I didn't think that they wanted to go baby shopping," she replied with a scowl. "Why were you chasing these two females?"

"No, no reason," one of the men said, the one with those brown/goldish eyes that I could look in all day long.

"Un-huh," the female, Jess said. She turned to look behind me, and I followed her gaze to see that Sarah was close but not close enough. "Do you mind coming over here and giving me a reason as to why I should not hit my son? I know that he is lying."

"I am not," the son complained. "I just on my way to Menchies with the guys."

"Ya, I can see your bromance blossoming," Jess said, sarcastically. "But, you past Menchies, so your comment is invalid."

"What do you think we were doing?" one of the other boys asked, causing me to look back at them.

"You, Parker, I was sure that you were trying to get some," she replied, not looking back at them.

"Um... would it be alright if I took my friend and we go?" Sarah asked, coming at my side. She grabbed my shoulder, causing my grip to tighten on Jess's shirt.

"Would you two like a place to live? We have free rooms as well as free food. It's better than roaming the streets."

"Oh, we don't mind roaming the streets," Sarah replied. She pulled at my elbow, trying to pull me away from her, but I didn't let go.

"You're running from someone, aren't you?" She glanced at me when she said that, causing me to look down instantly. "The place will keep you both safe from harm."

"And if harm pops up?"

"Then you two can leave with no one stopping you." She glanced at the men before looking back at Sarah.

"And if we don't want to come peacefully?"

"Then force can be given to push you in the van," she replied. "Look at your friend, she is scared out of her mind of whoever has been chasing her. And trust me, the past always has a way of showing up in the present." She rested her hand on her protruding belly, smiling.

"How's the baby, Mom?" the guy with brown/golden eyes asked, looking at her stomach with a soft smile.

"She is fine, just kicking a bit. Now, come on, let's all go back to the house. Daniel, your father will want to speak to you when you get back as well as with you." She glanced at Sarah before glancing at me with a warm smile. "And I can get you something to eat..."

"Katie," Sarah replied, doubtfully. "And I'm Sarah."

"I'm Jessica," she said, nodding with a greeting. She pointed to the female beside her. "That's Macey." She gestured to the four young men. "They are, Daniel, Parker, Reed, and Andrew. And, I am sorry if they had caused you any harm." She shook her head and tsked. "They know better."

"What's the catch for staying with you?" Sarah asked.

"No catch," Jessica replied.

Sarah looked at me before sighing. "Fine, we'll go with you. But, if there is a sign of danger, we will leave."

Jess smiled. "Of course."