Chapter 12- Daniel

"Excuse me, Miss?" a male asked, and Katie looked up before she dropped her fork. He regarded me with a look of disgust before looking at my mate. "But I think you need to come with me." Warning filled his tone, and I growled softly.

Katie's face paled as she looked at him. Her green eyes stared up at him, and I could tell that she knew him and was afraid of him. Her heart started to pound frantically in her chest, and I could smell the fear coming off of her in waves.

The man glanced at me and narrowed his green eyes in disgust. He was a Hunter, I could tell, and so was the man hanging behind him, trying not to be a part of this confrontation. "You don't want to be here, do you?" he asked, looking at my mate. He was giving her a look, and I growled softly. He glared at me before looking at his daughter. "I don't think you want to be with him, with his kind."

"I think she would rather be here with me than with you," I said, cutting into my sirloin. I kept a tight rein on my Wolf, knowing full well that if I didn't, then I would be shifting into him. "Who the hell are you, anyway?"

Anger surged through me. I had no idea who the hell he was, but he patronized my mate, trying to make her feel uncomfortable. He had no right to make her feel worthless.

The man glared at me, making me keep my face blank. "Her father, Mutt," he spat. He looked me up and down, pursing his lips in disgust. "And, what are you to her? A worthless piece of shit?"

I slammed the knife into the sirloin, breaking that and the plate. I ignored the yelp of my mate, feeling slightly guilty. "Her boyfriend," I said after a moment's pause. "What's it to ya?" I didn't look at her, not knowing how she would react to that word.

We had not discussed anything about us, and I was sure that she would probably take it the wrong. Don't get me wrong, I wanted to be her boyfriend, have her claim me as her own, but I didn't know if she was ready or not.

The man glanced at my mate before looking at me. He sneered, narrowing his eyes. "Well, ain't that nice," he said, and I growled softly. "The Mutt has a girlfriend. What a sweet surprise." He looked at her. "Too bad, she will be coming with me."

I bit back a growl and got into his face. "She will not be coming with you," I hissed, my eyes flashing to those of my wolf. Anger and power came off me in waves, and I could tell that it made him nervous. "I suggest you leave."

The man sneered and moved his jacket to show his gun. "I think you let me, my friend, and my daughter go away safely. I think you are quite outnumbered."

I raised an eyebrow and smirked. "Are you sure?" I asked, nodding my head to the warriors at different tables. "It seems to me that you are outnumbered."

He looked around, and I could tell that he was surprised by the number of Werewolves here. He narrowed his eyes and bared his teeth like a Wolf, getting into my face. "I will kill you and your pack," he said softly. "Make sure to keep her close, Alpha." He sneered. "We don't want her to get hurt, don't we?"

"Leave this pack lands and never come back," I said, my voice soft. I got into his face, my claws starting to form. "Or else, I will kill you. I do not care if you are my girlfriend's father." I looked at the man, noticing that it was Nico. "And, leave with him."

The man didn't say a word and glared. He nodded his head and started to walk away. "We will get her," he said, and some of us growled. He turned around and smirked. "Oh, and we'll get that mother of yours."

"Leave, now," I snarled, baring my teeth at him. I could tell that I was about to shift.

The man smirked before leaving.

'Make sure that they leave the pack lands,' I linked my pack. I didn't look at Katie, knowing that my eyes were a different color. "I will be back," I said, trying to keep my voice as normal as possible. "Hailey will take you home." I licked my lips and cleared my throat. "I am sorry that I have to cut this so short." And with that, I left.