Chapter 2 - Woh Pehli Baar, Jab Hum Mile!

Abir went forward and waved back. Shreeja smiled and said –

Shreeja: Hey what's up Abir?

Abir: Good, what about you?

Shreeja: Awesome!

Abir: So our old school group is back again!!!!

Shreeja: Yes and it feels so good...

Rudra: Absolutely!

Mihir: Ok let's go in and explore our college.

Everybody nodded and they went in. For 30 mins they roamed around the college. After that they came to the canteen and sat there.

Abir: I think we should go to our classes.

Mihir: Dude we still have like 15 mins. Let's sit and talk.

Abir agreed and sat with them.

Rudra turned to Shreeja and started a conversation –

Rudra: So Shreeja what is your subject?

Shreeja: Psychology.

Rudra: Wow that's interesting!

Shreeja: Yes I wanted to study it for so long. I'm glad I got in.

Rudra: Great. Maybe you can pass some knowledge to me later

Shreeja: Sure, Why not!

Mihir: (Whispers to Abir) Yeah he needs it!

Abir was trying hard not to laugh while Rudra was giving death glares to Mihir. Shreeja then got up and went to her class. Rudra caught hold of Mihir and pinched him.

Rudra: What were you saying?

Mihir: (laughing) Nothing bro.....All good!!

Abir: Areh stop fighting and come let's go to class.

They all then went to their respective classes. Abir went inside the class and halted suddenly. Hundreds of unknown faces passed him a look. The social anxiety kicked in.

He straight went to the last bench and sat there alone. After a few minutes the professor came in. He gave his intro and asked everyone to do the same. One by one all students gave their introduction. And then it was Abir's turn. He stood up and was about to speak when an unknown voice interrupted him. It was a girl!

Girl: May I come in?

Prof: Ye, but you are late.

Girl: Sorry sir, actually I was unable to find the room.

Prof: Ok, come in.

Girl: Thank you...

Abir was staring at that girl without even blinking.

She was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. She was wearing a white kurti along with denim jeans. She had few bangles on her hands. The earings were not too long and were perfect ones for daily wear. She was carrying a brown sling bag. Her hair was tied as a bun. The girl was a perfect example of simple yet beautiful.

The professor disturbed his thoughts when he asked Abir to continue speaking. It was when he realized that he was standing like a dumb person. He was embarrassed like hell. Somehow he finished talking and sat down quietly. After few more students it was turn for that girl. She stood up and spoke –

Girl: Good morning, I'm Nilanjana Roy, from Garden Reach.

Abir was listening carefully.

Abir's POV:

She stays in Garden Reach? That's so far from here. No matter why she came late today. All the other students gave their intro the same way. But still don't know why, I was just interested in listening to her. Her voice is literally to die for. She sat 3 benches away from me, and my eyes were glued on her.

Prof: You stay so far...Why did you take admission here?

Nilanjana: Actually we will be shifting nearby within few weeks.

After everyone's intro, the class started.

In between the classes Abir looked at Nilanjana few times, but she didn't even look back for once. It was not strange, neither did it affect him. But he expected her to turn even for once. An hour passed by and the class was finally over.

Abir was packing his stuffs and didn't notice when Nilanjana left. He came out and looked around the corridor but she was nowhere.

Abir then came down the stairs and went to the garden area where he saw Rudranil, Mihir and Shreeja sitting on the grass. He joined them.

Rudra: So how was your class?

Abir: Normal....Nothing exciting.

Mihir: Are you sure? Coz when I was passing by your classroom I saw that you were staring at a girl.

Rudra and Shreeja together: What!

Abir: Hey shut up, it nothing what you are thinking. She was speaking and I was just listening.

Shreeja: What's her name?

Abir: Leave it.

Rudra: Why?

Abir: Why are you guys making a deal of it...? It's really nothing. Leave it.

Mihir: Well we have to believe whatever you say (smirks)

Abir hit him with his elbow and they all started laughing. Later they had few more classes and then they went to a nearby park to relax. Shreeja didn't accompany them and went home.

The trio was sitting in a circle when Rudra popped a question –

Rudra: Guys let's go for a movie this Sunday.

Mihir: Yeah I'm free.

Abir: You are always free. But I can't come.

Rudra: Why?

Abir: Maa told that a new family will be shifting to our neighbor on Sunday. So I should be there to help them if they need incase. You know, for hospitality.

Mihir: Yeah you being the unpaid labor have to be present (laughing)

Abir: True....

Rudra: But why would you help, do you know them?

Abir: Baba knows actually. The person shifting here is some old acquaintance of baba. Infact baba suggested them to move here. Maa has even invited them for dinner that night.

Mihir: Nice.....Will you cook?

Abir: I can, if they plan to keep a fast!

Everyone started laughing.

Rudra: Oh, then let's plan some other time.

They stayed there for half an hour and then all went to their respective houses. Like this a week passed. They all attended normal class and explored the nearby area. Shreeja went with them too. Rudra was elated due to her presence. As always Mihir pulled his leg whenever Shreeja was around. Abir kept her busy in conversation so that she could hear Mihir's jokes.

They were enjoying their college life to fullest. And just like that it was the Sunday morning. It was the day when the new neighbors were to shift.