Chapter 37 - Bade Acche Lagte hain!

It was time of dawn but the sun was yet to rise. The morning breeze was blowing softly. Both their eyes were tired for not getting sleep. Still they stood on the terrace holding each other's hand.

Nilanjana: What are we doing here Abir? We should go and take rest before the Bidaai rituals begin.

Abir: Come on Nilu we won't die if we don't rest just for a day. Anyways I have more important things to talk about.

Nilanjana: Accha... What do you want to talk about?

Abir: About us!

Nilanjana: (confused) I don't understand....

Abir: I mean what now? The wedding is over so what next?

Nilanjana took a deep breath and said –

Nilanjana: Now back to sq 1. We'll return to Kolkata. I'll stay at a Shreeja's paternal house for few days. Then you'll return to Bangalore and I'll go back to Mumbai....

Abir: But I don't want that Nilu.....

Nilanjana was quiet.

Abir: Please say something...... I want to be wherever you will be.....

Nilanjana: That's not easy Abir... Let's be practical.

Abir: NO, I'LL BE IMPRACTICAL AND ILLOGICAL...... I TRIED TO BE PRACTICAL FOR ONCE AND LOOK WHERE IT GOT ME!

Nilanjana: What else can we do Abir? We both have our careers in two different cities. We can't leave everything for this....

Abir: 'THIS'? What is 'THIS' Nilanjana? Please say it.....

Nilanjana: As if you don't understand!

Abir: I do. But still I want to hear it from your mouth. For once Nilu... Please say it....

Nilanjana: No.....

Abir: WHY??????

Nilanjana: Because we don't need to say it.

Abir: Huuhh?

Nilanjana: Yes the feeling that we have for each other is way more pure and cannot be confined to those few words. We don't need to say those words to confess what we have. It is special. And we feel it in the core of our hearts, that's the ultimate thing. Nothing else can overpower it.

A little smile escaped Abir's lips and his eyes shined. He softly said,

Abir: Can I hug you?

Nilanjana didn't say anything. Rather she came close and wrapped her arms around him.

Nilanjana: You don't need permission for this idiot!

They were lost in that moment. A little thought of losing her again ached Abir's heart but it seemed like that one hug dissolved everything. The shinning ray of the Sun fell on them as they released each other.

Nilanjana: I don't know our future, Abir; but you are best thing that ever happened to me and I don't want to lose you.

Abir: Same with me Nilu. I can't even think of loosing you again. When you were not in my life, I consoled myself that this is how I have to continue living. But now since we are this close, I cannot live without you. And that's why I want to know what are we doing next?

Nilanjana: Let's go with the flow ......

Abir was about to add something when they heard voices downstairs. Both got alerted.

Nilanjana: Shit! Everyone is up. They can't see us like this. Let's go...

Abir: You go. I'll come later. I need to organize my thoughts.

Nilanjana: ABIR! Promise me that you won't take any abrupt decision about us...

Abir nodded and Nilanjana left. Abir thought something for a while and then took a deep breath.

Abir's POV:

I know this is a sudden thing but for now it is best for us. And I'll make her understand it.

After a while Abir went to his room. Mihir was already there busy scrolling through his phone. Abir came and sat beside him. He asked Mihir –

Abir: When did you come?

Mihir: When you left me with that girl who wasn't even interested to talk with me.

Abir: Ohh!

Mihir: I don't understand Drishti. Sometimes it feel like we can be good together but sometimes we can't even stand in the same room....

Abir wasn't really listening to him and was lost in his own thoughts. Unaware of Mihir's actual words he just replied with "Hmmm". Mihir looked at him and understood the thing. He kept his phone aside and asked Abir –

Mihir: Do you have any solution to my problem?

Abir: Huhhh?

Mihir: Knew it, you weren't listening to me...

Abir: Sorry I was....

Mihir: Ok tell me what's going on you big brain?

Abir didn't speak for few seconds and then with a low voice replied

Abir: I have decided something.

Mihir: (seriously) what?

Abir took a deep breath and explained whatever he had decided. Mihir was listening to him very minutely. He was surprised to hear Abir's thoughts and after learning the whole thing he said –

Mihir: Are you serious bro? Like this is a very big thing! Please thin carefully..... It can change everything!!!

Abir: I know and that's why I'm too dicey with it... I don't know how to clear this confusion. Every time I think about it, I get even more strangled!

Mihir: I can understand you dilemma and it's natural. I would say think on it more. Don't take such a step on a fluke.

Abir: Hmmm...

Before they could discuss anymore, Abir's father knocked on their door and said that everyone would be leaving within an hour so they should start packing their bags.

Everyone had already packed their belongings, still got busy into last minutes checking. Suddenly Abir's phone rang. The caller id showed Nilanjana's name. He instantly picked it up.

Nilanjana: Hey I called to ask that in which car you would be going?

Abir: I don't know actually. I just know that Rudra and Shreeja would be in a separate car, off course. Except that I don't know anything... Wait let me us Mihir (turns to Mihir) Do you know in which car we will be going?

Mihir: Nope... I just know there are lots of cars waiting outside. But we can like move in one altogether!

Nilanjana: I heard that and that's what I want.

Abir: Ok for me madam!

Nilanjana: Fine I'll tell Drishti!

Abir: Great, let's meet in 30 mins then?

Nilanjana: Yeah cool!

Abir hung up the call and told the plan to Mihir. His expressions changed on hearing Drishti's name but he had no other option than to agree.