Chapter 36 - Aa Chal Naal tu le leh Ishq de Phere!

Everyone was rushing again. The priest sat, arranging for the wedding.

Rudra was all ready and dressed up as a groom. He was called for his parts of the rituals. And after an hour, the bride was called. Rudra was patiently waiting for his queen and then finally he got a view of her. Abir, Mihir and two of their friends were caring her on a wooden plank. She had covered her face with two betel leaves.

The priest instructed the boys to take seven rounds around the groom. Rudra stood up and the boys started revolving. After seven rounds, the priest chanted some mantras and then asked the bride to remove the betel leaves. Mihir joked and said –

Mihir: Oh come on Shreeja do it fast. You are too heavy!

Shreeja whispered with a "Fuck off". Then she finally removed the leaves and her eyes met Rudra's. He stood there, all frozen.

Rudra's POV:

I have always seen this scene in movies and doubted what's there to look at your bride for so long if you have dated her for so many years. But dude! Trust me it's different. I have always looked at her as my girlfriend and fiancé. But now, I'm looking at the girl who is very soon going to be my wife; the girls, with whom now I'm going to spend my entire life. She was always beautiful but in the wedding attire, she was magical! I'm going to remember this moment for my entire life.

The priest then asked the bride and groom, to exchange their garlands. The crowd started howling the "Ulu" along with conch sound. The kids clapped and cheered as they proceeded with the rituals.

The couple was then made to sit and the priest continued with the mantras. After some more mantras, they were again asked to stand up for the "Pheras" and the priest started chanting some vows in Sanskrit. Rudra looked at Shreeja and whispered –

Rudra: You liked the Christian wedding style a lot right? I couldn't ask for a Christian wedding but atleast I thought of doing this!!

Shreeja looked at him with lots of questions. Rudra interrupted the priest and said –

Rudra: I don't understand a single word of Sanskrit, so how will I follow them? If you allow, I want to take the vows on my own.

Priest: (laughed) this is the common case of every wedding nowadays. The modern couples want to take their customized vows. That's ok. You may do whatever you want to say but I'll continue my chanting softly.

Rudra smiled and agreed.

The elders tied a knot in the couples dress and they walked around with the fire in the middle. The priest chanted the mantras and stopped for Rudra to speak as they completed one circle. Rudra took his first vow.

This process continues for the next six rounds. Everyone including Abir, Nilanjana, Mihir and Drishti were showering flowers on them as they walked for the Pheras and Rudra took his own vows.

First Vow – I promise to be honest with you and keep the most transparent self in front of you for the rest of my life!

Second vow – More than love, I promise to honor you on every step of my life!

Third vow – Even if I cannot solve the problem, I'll always stay by your side!

Fourth vow – I promise to listen to your non-stop chattering without getting irritated!

Fifth vow – I will always respect your privacy and dignity and never force my decisions or opinion on you!

Sixth vow – I promise that I'll hold your hands even on the darkest days and never let you face the sadness alone!

ISHAARAजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें