Chapter 18 - Chal Ghar Chalein

The next day Abir and Mihir both woke up late and found that Sudheer had already left for his office. They decided to spend the rest of the day out. So they got ready and went to a nearby café to have brunch. After that Abir, as promised took Mihir for a sightseeing around the city.

They went to many famous places in Bangalore including the Bangalore palace, Botanical Garden and Ulsoor lake. Later at night they bought food and came home. Sudheer was already home by that time. They had their dinner together.

Sudheer: So Mihir! Did you like the city?

Mihir: Yes absolutely.

Abir: Sudheer now it's your turn to visit our city.

Sudheer: I will definitely try. Have you guys packed?

Mihir: I never really unpacked so I'm done.

Abir: I'll pack now.

Saying so he went to his room and started packing. Few minutes later, Mihir joined to help him.

Mihir: What are you wearing for the wedding day?

Abir: I have not decided yet. I'll probably buy something from there.

Mihir: Yeah I was thinking the same. Bwt, uncle and aunty must be so happy that you are finally returning after so long!

Abir: Yes they will be very happy and that's why I haven't told them yet!

Mihir: Ohhhh... Surprise huh?

Abir: Yup!

Abir was almost done with his clothes so now he moved to his table to pack his accessories. This was when Mihir's eyes fell on the watch that he was packing. It was the watch that she gifted Abir as the farewell gift. Mihir wanted to confront him, but kept quiet as he knew that Abir would avoid the topic again.

They were busy when Mihir's phone rang. It was a video call from Rudra.

Mihir: Why are you disturbing us huhh?

Rudra: Shut up idiot and tell me when are you guys landing tomorrow?

Abir: Ummm near around 1pm. Our flight from here Is at 10 AM. Its generally takes 2:30hr from here and including the checking and all I think we'll reach by 1pm.

Rudra: Ok, then we'll meet in the evening on Abir terrace?

Mihir: Ahaha.... Like old days.

Abir: Ok, but bring Shreeja too.

Shreeja voice came from the background.

Shreeja: Of course I'll come.

Mihir passed a notorious smile and said: So you two are together..... At this hour!!! Hmmm....

Rudra: Don't apply your empty mind Mihir. We went for shopping so I came by to drop her.

Abir: Ok ok save your fight for tomorrow.

Rudra: Yeah bye.

Mihir: Bye, see you.

The next morning, Abir and Mihir got up early and went to freshen up. They decided to have their breakfast at the airport so were getting ready to leave early. Sudheer too got up early to say goodbye to them. He booked a cab for them and helped Abir to carry his bags.

Abir: So I'll be gone for like 2 weeks. What are your plans now?

Sudheer: My mom will be coming for a week. She was planning it for a long time now and since you will be gone for so long, I called her here.

Abir: That's nice actually. You don't have to stay alone then.

Sudheer: Yes. Anyways, take care. And text me when you plan to return.

Abir: I will.

They hugged and Abir sat in the car. Mihir waved as the car started to drive.

Within an hour they reached the airport and checked in. They then went to the food corner and ate their meal. Soon they heard the announcements for the flight to Kolkata and rushed. They completed their security check and finally boarded their flight.

Abir's heart was racing fast on the thought that he was returning to his own place after years. He looked at Mihir who was enjoying the window seat.

Abir: I am so happy bro....

Mihir: Ha, ha I can see that.

Abir: I'm just thinking about Maa and Baba. Their faces will be worth watching.

Mihir: Do they know about the wedding?

Abir: No. Rudra and Shreeja will invite them today once I reach home.

Mihir: Then there is no chance that they could guess.

Abir: Exactly. Hey, I am thinking of buying some presents for them.

Mihir: There are shops at the airport. What do you want to buy?

Abir: A pendent for maa, and a moneybag for baba.

Mihir: Good idea. We can search at the airport shops.

Abir: Ok.

Then with the announcement of the pilot and the crew members, the flight finally took off. For the first hour Abir and Mihir gossiped. Then Mihir said that he was feeling sleepy and would like to take a nap. So they traded seats.

Abir played a movie on his laptop but gradually lost interest in that. He was getting restless. He didn't even feel like listening to music. Finally he searched his bag to see if he finds anything for time pass.

His hands reached to a magazine. Mihir bought it from the airport, but didn't even open it for once. It was an entertainment magazine. Abir never read those kinds of materials but started flipping the pages out of boredom.

He was going through the blogger's corner when few lines caught his attention. The lines went like –

"We were meant to be together,

But the circumstances acted as the separator.

We allowed time to decide out fate,

But now that's the only thing I regret.

Long years no news,

But still your name left me amused.

Life without you is good and full of leisure,

But with you my love, it would have been far better!"

The lines hit Abir for sure but more than that the name of the blogger did. With calligraphy style and bold format it was printed as – NILANJANA ROY!

His eyes widened as he moved his fingers over the name. The feeling, when you have lost complete touched with the person you wanted in your life and then suddenly after many years come across her name, is incredible. Abir was feeling all of that emotion in that moment. He looked at Mihir who was still asleep. Abir quietly tore that page and folded it into his pocket.