Chapter 35 - Tera hoke Rahoon!

Everyone woke up with rush in the next morning. The elders were already engaged with all the rituals. In between that Rudra and Mihir went to his mamoni's room. Shreeja joined with her parents shortly. Everyone was very confused on what's going on. They made them sit comfortably and explained the whole situation. After convincing for a while the elders happily agreed to their decision. Shreeja's happiness knew no bound and she hugged them –

Rudra: It's all ok mamoni but I'm worried for you. Who will take care of you if I'm not here!

Mihir coughed and interrupted –

Mihir: Hey, am I not visible to you guys? I am here for maa!!!!

Rudra: You! You can't even take care of yourself and want me to believe that I can leave mamoni under you?

Mihir: Areh listen, till date I didn't pay much attention to all of this because I knew you were there – Maa's extra caring son! But now when you will be gone, obviously I would look after her idiot. After all she is my mother!

Rudra looked convinced with his words.

Mihir: Infact I have planned everything. I am in consideration for a really big project. If I get that I would have to move out of Kolkata. So I would take maa along with me; sorted!

Shreeja: That's nice. And Rudra don't worry. We are leaving her forever right! Sometimes we'll visit her and sometimes she'll come to us!

After a long conversation they all agreed to Mihir's plan

The elders then literally dragged them to their rooms to get ready for the rituals. The first morning ritual of a Bengali marriage is the Haldi Ceremoni.

According to that everyone decided to wear yellow clothes. Abir wore a simple yellow kurta with pyjamas while Nilanjana wore a yellow salwar.

The ceremony started with all the elders putting haldi on the bride and groom and blessing them. After they were done, the friends entered. Mihir literally coated Rudra's face with the whole lamp of haldi. Rudra was helplessly tied in the rituals and thus couldn't counter attack him. Abir, Nilanjana and Drishti too put haldi on Rudra's face one by one.

After that Shreeja arrived with others for her turn in the ritual. Rudra went to her and passed smiled. It's a rule that the same haldi used for the groom is to be applied on the bride. So Rudra took a little haldi from his face and put that on Shreeja's cheeks.

Rudra: So haldi is done. And now I can't wait to see you in the wedding dress.

Shreeja's face turned red. She was blushing so hard. After completed all the rules of haldi for Shreeja, everyone got busy with the wedding preparation. In the afternoon, all the girls went to the parlor to get ready.

In no time it turned evening and thousands of guest started to arrive. The music of "Sanai" could be heard everywhere. The caterers started serving the starters and the phuchka stall was overcrowded with guests.

Nilanjana was wearing a bright blue saree with a black back-less blouse. She had long earings and left her hair open. She was peeking out of the door, looking for someone to tie the laces of her blouse when her eyes met his and she fell for him once again!

Nilanjana's POV:

Abir was coming down the stairs, wearing his brand new off-white shrewani which had a little thread embroidery on the chest area. I had a question in my heart that how can anyone fall in love with the same person again and again? I guess, Abir is the answer to that! How can anyone be so handsome! I don't know...... He was busy talking over the phone so didn't notice me. I was hiding behind the door so it was not easy for him to see me. As he was passing by the door I called him out.

Abir paused and cut his call. He was mesmerized to see Nilanjana. It's not a new thing but each time he saw he it felt like the first time. Abir replied without even blinking for once.

Nilanjana: Can you call Drishti please. I need some help from her.

Abir: I think she is busy with Shreeja. Everybody is busy with something.

Nilanjana: Oh shit! But I really needed someone....

Abir: Well, I'm here. You can tell me.

Nilanjana: It's not your job Abir.

Abir: Try me then!

Nilanjana thought for a second that it was 21st century and taking such help from a man for this shouldn't be that embarrassing. She sighed and asked Abir to come in the room. He walked in.

Nilanjana turned her back towards Abir and placed her hair in front. As a result it gave the view of her whole bare back to Abir. He was stunned. He was standing there without having an idea of what to do next.

Nilanjana laughed and said –

Nilanjana: You wanted to help right so now come here and tie these laces on my back. My hands won't reach there.

Abir hesitated a little but had to help anyway. So he went close to her and held the laces. Nilanjana's face was visible through the reflection on the mirror. She closed her eyes as soon as Abir's fingers touched her.

Nilanjana's POV:

As soon as his fingers touched my bare back, I felt a current running through my whole body. Butterflies are overrated; I felt the whole freaking animal planet in stomach. I shivered like hell and I'm sure he felt that. He was running his fingers softly. I didn't even want to stop him. He was trying to act subtle but I could feel his continuous warm breath on my back. He completed tying the knots and I slowly opened my eyes. He was looking at my through the mirror. His hands were resting on my shoulder. He then made me turn.

Abir's POV:

She was the living goddess for me. Her face was full of shy. No matter how much I tried not to show my happiness of being this close to her, but still my eyes opened that secret to her. As I made her turn, our eyes met and time stood still. The loud music vanished and it was just our hearts beating louder and louder. I could see the nervousness in her eyes. She was feeling the same rush as me.

Abir's hand reached her waist and he softly pulled her closer. Nilanjana placed her hand on his chest. She could feel every beat of his heart.

Nilanjana: It seems like your heart will pop out soon!

Abir: It happens every time when you are around; can't really help it.

Nilanjana didn't reply and just kept looking at his eyes. Abir held her face and bought it closer to his. She closed her eyes as Abir leaned and placed a soft kiss on her forehead!

Abir: You are gorgeous!

Nilanjana blushed. Abir was still holding her in his arms when suddenly Drishti entered the room. As soon as she saw the view she turned her back.

Drishti: Ops! Sorry!

Abir immediately released Nilanjana and moved few feet apart.

Abir: Umm we were just.....I .........

Nilanjana: (STAMERING) Ummm he was helping me to.......

Abir: Um I think I should go now............

Saying so he rushed out of the room and Drishti busted into laughter.

Drishti: I'm sorry to disturb but please lock the door from next time!

Nilanjana: It's nothing like that.... He was just helping me...

Drishti: Yeah I saw that! Accha leave it. Let's go out. The wedding is already on!!!

They both went out.