Chapter 33 - Main hoon Sath Tere!

'Aaiburo bhaat' is basically a Bengali ritual performed the day before wedding. Here the bride and the groom are supposed to eat their last meal of bhaat (rice) as Aaiburo (bachelor), as after that the next full day they are supposed to keep a fast. It is considered as a good omen.

The preparations were almost completed. The boys were working like hell from the morning. They took all responsibilities from Rudra's side.

Around the afternoon, Rudra and Shreeja were called for the rituals. At first they were blessed by the elders and then served with delicious food.

An old lady from Shreeja's family commented –

Lady: I have seen lots of wedding in my life. But this is the first time ever where the bride and groom are having their 'Aaiburo bhaat' together!!!

Shreeja's mother laughed and replied – What can we say? The kids agreed for this big fat wedding so we as elders have to atleast agree on this. There's nothing wrong in being modern if you have equal respect for your culture.

Rudra smiled at Shreeja for her mother's epic reply. But Shreeja's smile seemed to have faded away. Rudra whispered in a concerned tone –

Rudra: Hey, are you ok? I am noticing that you from yesterday. Is everything alright?

Before she could have replied, her mother interrupted them and asked to start eating. Shreeja followed her commands. This increased Rudra's concern for her. Later during the evening, youngsters were getting ready for their small bachelorette party. They had decided to have a small intimate celebration and have fun on the terrace. Mihir had arranged the food and music according to that. It was their perfect chance to celebrate Rudra and Shreeja's singlehood as all the other elders of their house were gone out at the temple for some cultural event.

Everyone was instructed to wear western outfits. So Abir wore a black shirt and a blue suit pants to go with it. To complete the look he added a blue stripped coat along with white sneakers. He was looking handsome like hell. Mihir instructed him to leave his hair a little messy for the semi formal look. Abir took his advice.

All the boys got ready and came out of their rooms. Abir asked Mihir to take Rudra with him while he checks on the girls. Saying so, he went to the girl's room and knocked twice. Nilanjana opened the door and stood blocking the inside view. As usual Abir's heart skipped few beats as he saw her.

Abir's POV:

She always looks beautiful to me but today she was something different. She wore a bottle green colored strapless dress. Her fancy accessories looked perfect. As much as I know her fashion sense, she will wear a high hell with this. It was not her dress but the way she was carrying it was different. I never told but she looks pretty to me in every wear. I just couldn't take my eyes off her. She too was looking at me with a shine in her eyes but didn't say anything. I knew she was waiting for a compliment from me. A smile escaped my lips for her innocence.

Abir: You look gorgeous!

Nilanjana: Thanks!!!

She finally smiled broadly.

Nilanjana: You are also looking damn hot mister!!!

Abir: Ohh I'm highly obliged (laughs)! By the way it's getting late. Are your all done?

Nilanjana: Almost.... Just the finishing touch....

Abir: (smiles) Ok...... Come fast. I cannot wait to dance with you.

Nilanjana smirked and closed the door. Abir went to the terrace. There were many friends from their schools and college. Rudra and Shreeja had also invited some of their colleagues. Everyone was busy having fun and grooving to the music.

After half an hour, the bride along with the other two girls made a grand entry. It could be seen that the three girls had clearly pre planned to coordinate on their dresses. Each one of them was wearing a strapless dress. Everyone looked stunning.

Rudra went forward to stand beside Shreeja. Everyone clapped on seeing them together. It was now when the party begun. The music was turned louder. Some started showing their amazing dancing skill while others sat with their drinks enjoying the vibe.

It was when Nilanjana and Drishti signaled Shreeja to speak to Rudra in private.

Shreeja pulled Rudra inside and closed the terrace gate to avoid the loud music. Rudra was very confused.

Rudra: What happened?

Shreeja: I need to speak to you about something...

Rudra: Is it important? I mean everyone is here now....

Shreeja: Yes it is very important Rudra. And I am serious when I say this.

Rudra: Accha ok baba, say...

Shreeja: Umm...... I actually......

Rudra: Please don't tell me that you want to call off the wedding!

Shreeja: I don't know whether you would want to do that after hearing me out..........

Rudra: What??? Shreeja you are testing my patience now.... Please tell me what's going on?

Shreeja: Rudra I got a promotion as the project head.

Rudra: (happily surprised) what!!! That's great news.... Why were you hesitating to tell me..........

Shreeja: It's in Florida!

Rudra: Huhh?

Shreeja: I have to move to Florida if I take it. Or else I have to vacant the position for someone else. I have to give them a confirmation by this week so that they can arrange the needful.

Rudra didn't reply. This tensed Shreeja. She held his hands and tried to explain herself –

Shreeja: See Rudra, I know this is the worst time to say things like this. I myself am confused. I want to take this opportunity and explore more but not without you.........

Shreeja: We are going to tie a not tomorrow and I don't want to leave you behind for this job. I know I can't do a long distance marriage. It sounds so weird. But I am in such a situation that I cannot even express what I want. I want you and also the job. But I have no idea how to do this..... I don't know what I am saying ...... I just know that this is an important step of my life and I can't decide this without you.

Rudra calmed her down and said – Do you want to take this job?

Shreeja: Yes!!

Rudra: Then I don't understand the problem?

Shreeja: Areh the problem is how can I go when you are here?

Rudra: That's not a problem. Of course I'll come along with you if you take this promotion.

Shreeja: But your job is here in Kolkata! How will you?

Rudra: Either I'll take a transfer and if not then find a new job there. You didn't think that I'll leave my wife alone, did you?

Shreeja: (shocked) I expected you to freak out but you.......

Rudra: Why? Listen, if I were in your position right now then you would have obviously agreed and come with me. So when you can you can leave everything behind and start fresh for me, then why can't I do the same for you? I love you and I'll do anything to support your career and to make you happy.

Saying this, he pulled Shreeja into a hug as her eyes became moist. Her happiness knew no bound on the fact that how lucky she was to get Rudra as her husband. She softly said – "I love you too and I can't wait to share the rest of my life with you"