Chapter 6 - Tenu Takda Ravaan!

Next morning Abir was leaving for college when he saw Nilanjana standing outside her building. He went to her and said –

Abir: Good morning

Nilanjana: Good morning!

Abir: You are going to college too right. Let's go together?

Nilanjana: Sorry but papa said that he'll drop me. I'm waiting for him actually.

Abir: Oh...alright then. I should get going, otherwise I get late.

Nilanjana: Yeah sure. Bye, see you at class.

Abir: Bye!

Abir was waiting at the bus stop. It was late already. Suddenly he heard a honking. He moved aside to give way to the car when he realized it was Nilanjana's car.

Her father rolled down the glass and asked Abir –

Debasish: Hey, Abir. Going to college right?

Abir: Yes uncle.

Debasish: Get in, I'll drop you.

He hesitated at first but then Nilanjana forced, and he had to agree. Nilanjana, who was sitting beside her father, came to the back seat to give company to Abir. They sat together and Debasish drove the car toward their college. Nilanjana and Abir were talking about their classes and exams, when her father interrupted.

Debasish: I'm so happy that Nilu got a friend like you, whom we can trust.

Abir looked at Nilanjana and smiled.

Nilanjana: Infact papa, today I'll be meeting his other friends.

Debasish: Wow, now you'll have a group. That's great. Remember, it's not about the environment; friends are the one who make your college/school life memorable.

Abir: True.

In no time they reached and saw that they were already late. They ran to their classroom and luckily found a bench empty. They sat together! Abir opened his bag and was searching for the book, but found out that he left it at home.

Abir: Shit! I forgot my book.

Nilanjana laughed.

Abir: Areh I was getting late and so I didn't check properly.

Nilanjana: It's ok...I have my book. We'll share.

Saying so she moved closer to him and the class started. He looked at her. Nilanjana was following the professor's words in the book, but Abir's eyes were stuck on her. For him, the professor's voice suddenly disappeared and there was pin drop silence. The whole world was blurred and it was just her. Nilanjana was lost in the book and Abir was lost in her. He didn't realize when his just casual looking changed into staring.

Abir's POV:

Damn! She is beautiful. I cannot take my eyes off her. This is the first time that some girl grabbed my attention like this. There is something special about her. Her open hair strand was falling over her face. I wanted to help her place that behind her earlobe, but couldn't. This is the closest I have ever been to any girl. I was losing it. She had all my focus.

He was lost in the thoughts when suddenly Nilanjana spoke –

Nilanjana: The chapter is not written on my face mister!

Abir came back to the reality and was embarrassed like hell. He quickly looked the other way. She was laughing in her mind and Abir was dying.

After that they had two more classes. Abir tried not to sit with her, but Nilanjana came and sat beside him. Abir didn't speak a word. He was not listening to the class either, but was thinking of how to face her.

Nilanjana's POV:

If there was an award of the most embarrassed creature on the earth, then Abir would have been the sure shot winner. I was reading the chapter when I realized that a pair of eyes had been staring me all the time. I didn't want to make it awkward for him, but I had to tell him. I waited for few minutes and when he didn't take his eyes off, I told him that I was conscious. The way he took off his eyes and looked the other way, was too cute. And even after an hour of the incident he is still not looking at me. God what is this boy!!

It was almost dawn when the class got dismissed. Abir and Nilanjana went to the canteen where they found the other three sitting.

Rudra: There they come.

Abir: Hey guys meet her. She is Nilanjana. (Turns to her) And these are my friends – Rudranil, Shreeja and Mihir.

Nilanjana: Hello!

Everyone: Hello Nilanjana, nice to meet you.

Nilanjana: Same here.

Shreeja moved to make seat for her and Abir went to sit with the boys.

Shreeja: (To Nilanjana) I'm so happy that finally we have another girl in our group.

Rudra: Why? Aren't you happy to be friends with us?

Shreeja: Of course I'm, but girls bond different. Just like you bond different the boys.

Mihir: Rudra bonds well with girls too!!!

Abir busted into laughter while Rudra just wanted a chance to kill Mihir. Nilanjana was enjoying that banter too.

After sometime, they all went out and took a bus to the college street. The girls got seat while the boys were standing. Abir was going to pay for Nilanjana's ticket but thought of the incident at college. He didn't want to make things more awkward and thus stopped.

On reaching the college street, they started walking in search of a good and cheap shop. The day was cloudy and thus was cooler than the other days. The streets were not that crowded. The traffic was less too.

They all were walking normally when Rudra and Shreeja didn't realize that they walked a little fast and crossed the others. They were busy in talking.

Mihir pulled Nilanjana and Abir back and halted for a second.

Nilanjana: What happened?

Mihir: Let them be together. We'll back behind them.

Nilanjana: Umm....Why?

Abir: Actually Rudra has a huge crush on Shreeja since the 10th standard and Shreeja has absolutely no idea of this. It's the first time that they are out together. So......

Nilanjana: Aww! That's really sweet.

They all then stopped on a shop and purchased the books that they needed.

Abir slightly whispered to Nilanjana that after the semester gets over they will come again and sell those books. She laughed.

After they were done with their work, Shreeja noticed that it was becoming dark and she should go home. Rudra and Mihir accompanied her as their houses were on the same way. They left as soon as they got the bus.

Onthe other hand Nilanjana and Abir decided to walk back home, as it was not toofar.