Chapter 39 - Aise Kyun!

Mihir promptly asked Drishti,

Mihir: What do you mean by you don't want?

Drishti: Like I don't trust anyone when it comes to romantic things.

Mihir: May I know why?

Drishti: That's personal feelings I don't want to share it with anyone....

Mihir: Ohh.... Sorry.....

Drishti didn't reply to that. Mihir turned his focus to driving and after few minutes said,

Mihir: Maybe you didn't find someone whom you can trust and that's why you think that you can never trust anyone...

Drishti was a little surprised to see Mihir paying so much attention to her words. She said –

Drishti: You had someone?

Mihir: Not till date...

Drishti: So why do you believe?

Mihir: You don't always have an answer to why... It's just your heart wants to believe even if your mind doesn't...

Abir was quiet till then but suddenly said –

Abir: You know, you guys remind me of my and Nilanjana's early day's conversations... We used to have these discussions over love.

Mihir looked at Drishti and felt awkward of Abir's words. They decided to keep silence.

After few kilometers, the car entered the roads of Kolkata. The sun was shining bright and the fog had almost disappeared.

Abir and Nilanjana both were sleeping by that time. Drishti also woke up from a short nap. She looked at Mihir and saw that he was still driving like before.

Mihir too noticed a movement and thus spoke –

Mihir: Good Morning!

Drishti: Are you still not feeling sleepy? It's almost been 2 hrs since you are driving continuously.

Mihir: (laughs) No I am habituated. Moreover I will take a short break now; feeling a bit hungry.

Drishti: Me too...

Mihir noticed a road side food stall and stopped the car beside it. He went ahead and came back with two plates of hot Kachoris. Handing over one to Drishti, he sat in the car with another. Drishti tasted one piece and immediately exclaimed –

Drishti: Oh wow!!! This is too good!!!

Mihir smiled and replied,

Mihir: After how many years are you tying Kolkata's Kachori?

Drishti: I don't know actually, must have been more than 10 years...

Mihir: Guessed it right then...

Drishti: I'm gonna miss this in Mumbai.

Mihir suddenly got a reality check that Drishti was not meant to stay there forever. He went silent for few minutes.

Drishti: What happened?

Mihir: Nothing. Anyways, so when are you planning to go back?

Drishti: Day after tomorrow.

Mihir: (stunned) Oh!!! But that's too soon.

Drishti: Yeah I know. But you know I came just for the wedding and since now it's over, I don't have any other reason to stay here for any long...

Mihir: Oh ok. So where will you stay till then?

Drishti: At Shreeja's place.

Mihir: Oh I thought that your relations were not that good?

Drishti: It wasn't! But after papa left us, we were all shattered. So in this case bad time brought us together again.

Mihir: I can understand.

Drishti: What about your family? Except your mother I know nothing...

Mihir: It's not important.

Drishti: If you don't wanna say, that's fine!

Mihir: It's not that I'm afraid to share feelings. It's just that I only am comfortable to share it with people with whom I'm vulnerable.

Before Drishti could say anything further, Abir and Nilanjana woke up. They put some water on their faces and joined for breakfast.

It was 2 pm, when Mihir dropped Abir and Nilanjana at their colony and left to drop Drishti at Shreeja's house.

Nilanjana took out her phone and said –

Nilanjana: Shreeja has texted me. They have reached Rudra's house and are busy in the rituals. Rudra will speak to you latter.

Abir: Ok. So when are you planning on going back?

Nilanjana: (smirks) why, do you want me to go?

Abir: (mocks) Off-course not! I'm just asking.

Nilanjana: I am not sure; someday within this week, most probably.

Abir: inform me before you book the tickets. I'll try to book mine on the same day.

Nilanjana: Ok done! See you then I need to go and take some rest now.

Saying so, Nilanjana walked few steps when Abir called her out from behind. She turned and Abir pulled her into a tight hug. Nilanjana didn't complain either. None wanted to release each other but had to.

Nilanjana: We are in our colony mister. So you need to control your feelings.

Abir: (smiling) I'll try!!

Soon they parted ways and went to their houses. Abir got fresh and sat with his phone and laptop to complete some pending office works.