Chapter 34 - Raat Baki, Baat Baki!

After resolving their doubts and sharing a private moment, Rudra and Shreeja came back to the party. Finally Shreeja disclosed the news of her promotion to everyone and all were genuinely happy for her.

The party was in great mood and then the slow music started to play. It was basically for all the couples to share a dance together. The crowd forced the bride and groom to start with their moves. As they were dancing, Abir went up to Nilanjana and in front of everyone, extended his hand and formally asked –

Abir: May I have a dance with you!

Nilanjana smiled shyly and gave her hand to him in a yes. Meanwhile Mihir went up to the music system and changed the song to "Until I Found You". The lighting was switched to a dim one and then the love was in the air.

Abir held Nilanjana by her waist and she put her hands on his shoulders as they slow danced. They held each other through their eyes. None blinked for some time and just admired each other. Both had pure satisfaction of the moment. They both had craved for this moment and thus felt every second of it. Abir's hand slowly reached to her back. Nilanjana didn't stop him and instead wrapped her hands around his neck. She moved more close to Abir and rested her chin on his shoulder. It was not a proper hug but still was perfect. They slowly began to sway on the rhythm of the song. Only they knew how much that dance meant for them. None of them was a dancer and Abir was the worst of all. Still at that point he just wished that the song never ends so that he could hold Nilanjana like that forever.

Nilanjana's POV:

I looked at his deep brown eyes. I could see the love they had in them. I wanted to confess how much I loved him but my mini heart kept saying "Let it be....Why do you have to always say things in words..... This slow dance under the bright shining moon, millions of stars and this closeness is way more impactful than just saying love you! This precious moment may not return to us so just live this and hold it as long as you can". So I followed that. After all it's the matter of heart.

The other people seemed to have vanished and for them it was just each other. They continued to stay like that for some more time without caring of the world.

Mihir on the other hand, was watching them and smiled on finally seeing them together. He then looked at Drishti who was busy scrolling through her phone. Mihir was disgusted thinking that how can anyone be so unromantic? Mihir went and sat beside her. She noticed but didn't pay heed. After thinking for quite few times, he finally asked her something for which he immediately regretted.

Mihir: Why are you so unromantic?

Drishti: Excuse me..... What?

Mihir: Yeah like such a romantic song is being played and you are busy with your phone.

Drishti: That's none off your business.

Drishti didn't get offended but was irritated on someone intruding her personal space. She just walked away to the extreme corner of the terrace. Mihir understood that he had messed up and so immediately went after her to apologize.

Mihir: Hey sorry I didn't mean to offend you!

Drishti: I am not offended and can you please leave me alone....

Mihir: I will but first I need to know that you are not feeling bad about what I said. Actually you were clearly not interested in enjoying the party so I was curious to know why....

Drishti: Why do you care?

Mihir: I don't know.... It's just I know that you have been through lot after your d........