Chapter 38 - Tay Hai!

It was almost 10:30 when everyone met outside the building. The bride and groom were being greeted by the elders.

Mihir went ahead and occupied one car and Abir started helping him to put the baggage. The girls were with Shreeja as her father advised everyone to start with the journey.

Shreeja's Dad: Our car will be at the front and the kids will follow us. Kids, please drive carefully. Mihir are you sleepy? You can tell me, I'll arrange for a driver.

Mihir: No uncle I'm fine. I just had a strong cup of coffee so I'm not sleepy at all.

Drishti: Why do I have a feeling that he'll get us killed?

Mihir: Fine if you feel so then don't come in our car!! No one's forcing you...

Shreeja: Shh! Drishti don't say like that... He is a good driver

Rudra: And Mihir why do you always have to fight with people? First me and now her!

Mihir: OK FINE. I'M NOT TALKING ANYMORE!

Saying so, he quietly went to the driver's seat and sat there. Nilanjana laughed and said –

Nilanjana: Ok guys don't worry about them. Me and Abir will not let these two fight!

Abir: Yes. We should start now. Have a safe journey you Guys. See you in Kolkata.

Rudra: Bye dude.

Abir and Nilanjana quickly grabbed the backseats leaving Drishti and Mihir together once more. Mihir didn't even look at her.

One by one everybody went to their chosen cars and finally the journey from Murshidabad to Kolkata begun.

Everyone was tired and struggled hard to keep their eyes opened. Mihir decided to listen to music so that he can have a distraction. He switched on the radio to a good volume.

Drishti immediately reduced the volume. Mihir noticed that and intentionally increased the volume. The cycle went on for few minutes. Nilanjana finally stopped them and scolded –

Nilanjana: Can't you guys stick to one thing?

Mihir: Ask her .....

Drishti: Oh come on my head is literally spinning, can't you keep the volume low!

Mihir: I need music to stay awake.......

Drishti: Then put on your headphones.

Mihir: Yeah and hit another car so that I can take all of us to hospital...

Abir: Accha then do one thing let Drishti play her favorite songs. This way both of you can enjoy.

Nilanjana: That's a good idea. Let her play the songs.

Mihir didn't complain any further. Drishti opened her phone and started playing "Tum hi ho".

It was early morning and thus the roads were almost empty. The car was moving smoothly and the fresh morning air was touching everyone.

The melody of the song and the calm surrounding forced Nilanjana to grab Abir's arm and rest her head on his shoulder. Abir felt her touch and smiled.

As they covered more distance Abir realized that Nilanjana had passed out to sleep. He softly placed her hair behind her ear.

Abir's POV:

THIS! This is the moment where I am sure that what I am going to do is worth it. I can't live without this girl. This is the first girl with whom I felt attached romantically. Between all these years, everybody kept asking me why I didn't move on. How could I explain that this girl was not just any random girl; Nilanjana has always been my forever one. I was a dumb to not make any efforts to keep her close to my heart. But now that I'm completely aware of these things I'm not going to leave a single moment to be close to her. I'M GOING TO DO IT!

Abir made his grip over her hand, tight and rested his head on hers. He saw that Nilanjana was deep in sleep and thus called Mihir softly.

Abir: Dude!

Mihir: Yep?

Abir: I have decided. I'm sure about it.

Mihir: WHAT? Sure?

Abir: Yes I don't want to let her go.

Mihir: Have you told her?

Abir: Not now. I want to find a good moment for it.

Drishti interrupted them,

Drishti: What are you guys talking about?

Abir explained his decision to her. She was surprised.

Drishti: Ohhh! Abir it's a huge thing. I hope you have revised it practically!

Abir: Yes I have. Listen guys, this moment of her this close to me is enough for my heart to make a choice. I know it will be worth it. It will be worth everything!

Mihir: If you are this much confident then I'm sure you will make it alright. We all know how much Nilanjana matters to you. We have seen you broken after all those misunderstandings. So now it's your turn to enjoy the love!

Drishti: Nilanjana is really lucky to have you. I have to admit, at this point, any girl can get jealous of her (laughs)........

Abir too passed a shy smile.

Mihir: Well you don't have to be jealous. You too will find a partner like him, or who can say even a better one.

Drishti: No I'm not jealous and also I don't want to find anyone.

Mihir was confused by that answer.