Chapter 24 - Dil Sambhaal Ja Zara!

Abir's POV:

I am still in shock. I want to scream at the top of my voice. She is back! Now this is my action time. I won't repeat the mistake that I did 7 years ago. I will not let any misunderstanding come between us anymore. I will speak to her. I have to rekindle our relation. The loneliness and the guilt that continued to hit me for so long, has to go now. This time I will hold her hands tightly and won't let her out of my life. But this is not the right time. First I have to control my emotions and then talk to her in private.

It was almost 5pm when everyone was sitting in the garden place, chatting among themselves. Nilanjana came out of her room.

Rudra: Hey there she is!

Nilanjana smile and sat beside Mihir.

Mihir: Where were you?

Nilanjana: I just passed into a nap for a while; was tired due to the travel.

Shreeja: Yeah you came from Mumbai after all.

Rudra: Mumbai? You moved to Mumbai?

Nilanjana: Yes. I moved there 5 years back. After completing the PG, I got a job offer in a company there.

Mihir: So you are permanently there now?

Nilanjana: Can't say that. Actually my job doesn't depend on the place. I generally prefer to work from home, in a comfortable environment.

Rudra: Areh, we forgot to even ask that. What do you do now? As in job?

Nilanjana: I am a content writer for digital agencies. And part time blogger. My blogs are published in some of the entertainment magazines. And I get paid according to that.

Mihir: I read those magazines sometimes.!

Rudra: That's really great. Are you planning on expanding your work?

Nilanjana: Well I'm not allowed to disclose that otherwise my publisher would literally kill me, but since it's just you guys I can say it.

Shreeja: What?

Nilanjana: I am writing a book.

Rudra: What! Seriously!! That's so fucking good!

Nilanjana: Yes. I almost completed writing but the climax was not satisfactory to me. So I thought of reconsidering it. But I suddenly started feeling a creative block. Thus it's pending for now.

Shreeja: Please complete it. I can't wait to read a book written by YOU!!!!

Mihir: Yes and we should get the first autographed copies of that, Ok!

Nilanjana: (smiles) ha, ha sure!

Rudra: By the way guys, I heard from the caretaker that there is some fun fair at the local market today. I think we should really join.

Mihir: Yeah why not. After all we are here to enjoy.

Shreeja: Totally. So let's get ready and go.

Nilanjana: Guys, you carry on. I'll join in later.

Rudra: Why?

Nilanjana: Actually I have a meeting with my publisher to discuss some ideas. It is really important.

Shreeja: But how will you join? You don't know this area...

Nilanjana: Google maps dude! And if I feel any problem, I'll call you guys or simply ask someone.

Mihir: Ok.

Saying so, everyone went to their rooms to change. Rudra and Mihir entered the room and found Abir still sitting quietly in the exact same position. Mihir went up to him and tapped on his back. Abir came back to reality and looked at his face –

Abir: Hmm?

Mihir: We are going to the local market. There is some fair today. Come with us.

Abir: No bro. I'm not feeling good. It's a bad headache.

Rudra: I know it's an excuse Abir!!

Abir: No I'm seriously having a headache. You guys carry on. I will take rest here.

Mihir: This is not done Abir!! You returned after so long and we thought that we'll all have fun together. And now you are disconnecting yourself from us.

Abir: Please give me sometime guys. I promise to join from tomorrow. Give me just a day to manage myself.

Rudra; Ok but just today. From tomorrow we won't listen to anything.

Abir: Hmm

After few minutes the boys got ready and left. Abir finally got up from the bed and went to the washroom to get fresh.

Shreeja: Where is Abir?

Rudra: He is having a headache. Won't join!

Shreeja: Ummm....... But..........

Rudra: But?

Shreeja: Is it ok to leave them alone?

Mihir: I think it is the best thing to do right now.

Rudra: I agree!

Shreeja: I don't know.....

Rudra: Don't worry. Let's go

They all left. Since they were all tired, Rudra decided to take the car along with them.

Abir went to the terrace to get some fresh air. On the other hand Nilanjana was attending her meeting unaware of the fact that Abir was in the house.

After half an hour Nilanjana completed her work –

Nilanjana: Krish, just give me few more days. I'm still not out of that block.

Krish: That's what I'm telling you. You are in the country side so roam across and get some fresh ideas. We need to complete your book ASAP! And remember that whenever you get some new ideas or views.........

Nilanjana: Note it down.... I know. You are my publisher but sometimes you behave like a dominating boss!

Krish: I know you for like 3 years now and if I don't behave strictly during work, then you won't listen to me right!

Nilanjana: Whatever!

Krish: Ok now take a break and start with a fresh mind!

Nilanjana: Bye.

She shut the laptop and kept it aside.

Nilanjana's POV:

I never understood that writing a book is so hectic. Ufff! Now hoe the hell will I get new ideas? All this stress makes it feel so suffocating here. Maybe as Krish said, I should take a break

Nilanjana grabbed her phone and came out of her room. She went towards the terrace stairs and as she climbed few steps she saw the door was opened slightly. She went forward and pushed it. The door opened with a thud sound. That sound made Abir aware of someone else's presence and he turned.

The whole went silent as their eyes met once again!