Chapter 40

Bella Swan was now on her way to Forks,with her Dad or Charlie as she called came to pick her up.As oblivious as Bella was she could tell Charlie didn't ask anything about Renee nor did he ask anything about her.While Bella knew her father was the silent type,but it never this much.

After reaching Swan Residence, Charlie helped carry in her bags. The house had changed a lot since she her last visit, but it's comfortable, lived-in. Lots of fishing memorabilia; photos of Charlie fishing with Billy black and photos of Charlie,Sue and some even of Bella. She winces at herself, age 7, in a tutu, sitting stubbornly on the ground.

Charlie spoke up"I put new desk in your room.As you can see we have redecorated and you have a bathroom set up in your room."

Bella nodded as he eye lands on a photo of Charlie and Sue,in what looked like beach, beaming with love.

Bella was shown her old room it was tidied up and the wallpaper and stuff matched some of Bella's taste as Charlie spoke up"Sue set your room up,I didn't know much about girl's taste so she helped.Also all of your previous things are in the box next to shelf if you want them."

Bella change in facial expression when Sue was mentioned was noticed by Charlie,who knew Bella had some problem with Sue.But he didn't say anything else and went downstairs after that.

Bella exits to find Charlie greeting the driver, Jacob Black, 16,amiable with long black hair, and hints of childish roundness in his face.

Billy Black she recognized him from the photos,Bella noticed Billy looked really young for a 40 year old.She was really seeing the difference,when he was next to her father.

Charlie asked"Bella, you remember Billy Black."

Billy with small smile replied"Nice to meet you again, Bella."

Jacob shakes his head at their two fathers as he shyly approaches Bella.

Jacob smiled and said"I'm Jacob,you used to play with my sisters when we were little kids."

Bella didn't remember it so with wavering tone replied"Yeah... I remember.."

Jacob frowned and thought"If you don't remember just say it,don't lie to my face about it.Also if you are lying atleast be slightly convincing."

Charlie may have felt sad at Bella distancing herself from him,but he grew accustomed to it and didn't think much about it,after all after Bella graduates she was going to leave Forks anyway.

Bella looks around and sees a antique rolltop desk sits in a corner.As she unpacks her CD case, loneliness finally overwhelms her. She sits heavily on the edge of the bed, tears threatening.Then we hear a HONK outside. Bella runs across the hall and looks out the window to see a Red Truck parking.

Charlie then pats the hood of the truck, addressing Bella  said"So what do you think of your homecoming gift?"

Charlie then pats the hood of the truck, addressing Bella said"So what do you think of your homecoming gift?"

Bella with slight surprise asked"No way. The truck is for me?"

Charlie nodded and said"Just bought it off from a friend and Jacob even rebuilt the engine."

Bella looked at Jacob,who was ignoring all this and was typing something in his mobile.While Billy elbowed Jacob and whispered something,as Jacob with smile said"Yeah,I built it hope you like it."

Bella smiled and replied"It's perfect!" She then rushes to the truck.As Jacob once again gets back to his phone,he really didn't want to deal with this girl as he thought"Becca should have been the one to be here after all she was friends with this girl not me."

Jacob just found her to be everyday normal girl.