Chapter 42

Hadrian called Demetri and Alec for this particular mission.The Quileute tribe was also ready to help them out.

Demetri catches the "tenor" or "flavor" of a person's thoughts or from anyone he met in the past, and uses it to follohis targets until he finds them. No matter where his targets escape to, he can find them anywhere.Demetri already had a tenor of Victoria,so tracking her was easy.

Demetri looking at Billy said"They are in the right side of the forest,you guys flush him out towards us."

Billy turned to Hadrian,who nodded Billy dives headfirst into the air with another sharp tearing sound, shreds of cloth blast into the air, fur bursts from Billy's skin, he lands on the ground a gigantic silver wolf running forward as other members of pack joins him.Billy was big grey wolf like his father,Nora was Black one,Jennie was russet wolf,Connie a silver coated wolf and Emmie was liver white wolf.

While this was happening James,Victoria and Laurent were resting in the forest after their last hunt,but Victoria enhanced Self Preservation kicked in she felt something was wrong as she turned around.

An enormous silver wolf skulking out of the darkness of the woods. It stalks towards them, a low disturbing growl in its throat, sharp teeth gleaming.

Then four more wolves soundlessly emerge from the trees, flanking the silver wolf

Then four more wolves soundlessly emerge from the trees, flanking the silver wolf. They're the size of small horses, all of different hues: dark silver, chocolate, ash and russet- brown. Their hackles are up, lips curling, bodies crouched, ready to spring.

Laurent,James and Victoria continues to retreat then suddenly, almost simultaneously they bolts across the forest The wolves spring  in pursuit of Laurent! Their thunderous snarls and snaps shake could be heard as the pack sprint after the vampire, surrounding him.Normally James would have ditched Laurent,but he was smart enough to understand they needed each timer to escape

Billy silver wolf lunges at Laurent taking a bite out of Laurents arm ripping it off.

James comes to help swinging at the grey wolf,smacking the wolf toward a tree and another wolf lunges at Laurent he kicks it and it sails into a tree, splintering it.

The wolves recovered and once again were on their tail.This was the first time,James was the one being hunted also he could tell these Wolves had the strength to rip him apart if they were given a chance.

They some how escape,but James lost an arm just like Laurent in a shuffle with the wolves with rage thought"When I escape these beasts,I would enjoy hunting them down."

While he did notice Laurent had lost full right arm and left hand,which practically made him a  burden,James had decided to lose him after they escape from this mess,he also was angry at Victoria for running off on her own.

While they running three unknowingly split up with James and Laurent together,which was bad decision as Victoria self preservation made her take the safest path.When she  is in danger, she would feel compelled to run away, and any desire to stay would become secondary as her desire to survive was too great for her to suppress.This was because their was bigger threat ahead of her.

Laurent and James who was running from the wolves,what they didn't know was they were running straight towards Demetri and Alec.

Demetri was able to track them,while Alec simply held both his hands out as he manifests a mist, nearly invisible, that moves slowly away from himself toward his object, blanketing all the space in between.The mist while black at starts slowly disappears completely from sight as it slowly descends towards James and Laurent,who upon contact fell on the ground unable to move.They completely lost control of their senses.

This was their end nothing could save them now