Chapter 44

Hadrian along with Billy was watching Forks high school at a distance.They were keeping an eye on the Cullen's since chances are Victoria may mistake them for killing her mate,the Shape shifters already have good defence around their home.Also their was Bella who was Edward's mate and singer,they knew she would be a pain in the ass to deal with by what Alice said,since most of trouble originated from her in one form or another. 

In the high school parking lot,the rain has stopped, but the parking lot is full of water and patches of black ice.A shivering, Bella heads for her truck, carrying the onion, carefully navigating the icy puddles. As she reaches her truck, she looks across the lot Edward stands by his silver Volvo with his siblings, about to climb in. A moment as their eyes meet... then he looks toward the sound of a high pitched SCREECH, that quickly grows louder . Bella turns to see a van skidding on the ice, careening out of control, heading directly for her.The time was suddenly fractures, compressing to stillness, then exploding in bursts of speed as the faces of the students - in shock, seeing what's coming.Tyler who was in the van was desperately trying to gain control, then shielding his face.Edward was looking at Bella with horror.. .The van is about to hit Bella's truck, with her standing in between, when suddenly, something knocks Bella down, pinning her to the ground. She looks up and Edward is on top of her. The world around them freezes in this fraction of a second, their proximity is overwhelming, electrifying. He breathes in her scent, she takes in his flawless face.. . Abruptly, we blast back to speed as several things happen so quickly, we, and Bella, are unsure what's going on. 

The van smashes into the back of Bella's truck,then spins around, once again careening toward her and Edward, then suddenly an invisible shield was conjured in front of them, creating a protective barrier between themselves and the van creating a deep dent in the side of the van's body as it shudders to a stop, a foot from both.

Edward literally had his hands ready to push the van away.But he was confused seeing some invisible force stop the van.

Then silence. A long beat, void of any sound, as Bella looks at Edward, trying to absorb what just happened. Edward's fear for her is still alive on his face. She starts to speak but..the screaming begins, yelling, calls for help. People leap to Tyler's aid, run to Bella and Edward. As everyone sweeps in, Edward moves and jumps away without anyone noticing.

Billy, seeing all this muttered"If not for wards you set up all around the world,I am sure someone would have noticed Edward suddenly appearing next to Bella."

Hadrian had placed wards in specific parts of the world,thus making a barrier around the whole word.This twists a mortal's sight from seeing any supernatural occurrences by replacing them with things the mortal mind knows about and can comprehend.Some  mortals  can  see  through  them  they  are  mortals  gifted  with powers.But sometimes the wards in certain parts are so is strong enough to fool even vampires and gifted mortals.

Hadrian sighed and said"I will have to talk to Carlisle about this son,he knows this discussion is bound to happen sooner or later."