Chapter 15: In A John Wick Movie

Savannah

After we gathered everything that we needed from the cabin, we took off and went straight to the town. It definitely took us a lot of minutes to walk there, and when we finally reached the civilization, doon ko na-realize na tama ang assumption ni Kat sa sitwasyon ng Pinbrooke. Puro niyebe ang mga establishimento at halos kasing taas ng tao ang mga yelo sa gilid ng madulas na daan. Iilang stores pa lang din ang bukas, dahil ang karamihan sa mga businesses na narito ay hindi pa rin nakaka-recover sa damage na naidulot ng blizzard.

We continued to walk through the town until we saw a local. We then asked her about the forms of transportation here. Thank the universe na itinuro niya kami sa car rental shop. There, we rented a sedan and we will just return it sa branch nila sa Boulder. 

Now, we're ten minutes into the road, Kat is driving slowly and carefully, since madulas at foggy pa rin ang mga daan.

I sighed inwardly and smiled at Dog who was now comfortably laying in the backseat, together with our bags. He looks like he's about to fall asleep.

Napalingon naman ako sa aking bintana at sandaling napatingin sa aming mga dinadaanan. Wala pa kaming masyadong sasakyan na mga nakakasalubong, kaya ang tanging nakikita ko lamang ay ang mga puno at damo na balot ng niyebe. It reminds me of the trees that surrounded Silas' cabin—-

I shut my eyes tightly and stopped my mind from drifting back to him.

I should stop thinking about him and feel happy, because I finally left Pinbrooke and escaped him, but somehow, for whatever messed up reason, it doesn't...feel right. I have that strange unpleasant feeling in my chest.

I shook my head lightly. Maybe I'm just tired and that delusive feeling will fade when I finally get back to Boulder.

Bumuntong hininga akong muli bago ako lumingon kay Kat na ngayon ay naka-focus sa pagmamaneho. Ngayon ay may suot siyang itim na beanie sa ibabaw ng kanyang nakalugay na blonde hair. Balot ng kulay pulang scarf ang kanyang leeg at natatabunan ng makapal na coat ang kanyang turtleneck at sweatpants. Meanwhile I am no longer wearing Silas' clothes since I changed to a thick white sweater and proper winter jeans.

My eyes landed on her busted bottom lip, which reminds me that she still has something to tell me.

"Can you please tell me now what really happened, Katherine Hudson?" Seryoso kong tanong sa kanya.

May lumabas na white fog sa kanyang bibig nang bumuntong hininga siya.

It still very cold kahit na nakaandar ang heater ng sasakyan.

"No need to call me by my government name, babe."

I ignored her attemp to deflect the topic and just seriously stared at her. She sighed.

"Fine. I'll stop deflecting." She said.

"Thank you." I murmured.

She took a deep breath before she rested her back on the seat. Her right hand fell to her side while the other one gripped the bottom of the steering wheel.

"I didn't notice that you were gone that night, right away. I didn't even know that you had a fight with Rence since after I called my mom, I laid on the bed and rested while wearing my stupid headphones with noise-cancellation." She started and glanced at me briefly.

"You know, if I heard the shît that he told you, I would've rushed to your room, slapped the living shît out of him, and thrown him out myself."

I chuckled lightly. That sounds like something she would do, and yes, I told her about the fight and the cheating that he did, while we were walking our way to the town.