Chapter 17: Mr. Fitzgerald

Savannah

"I'll see ya later!" My manager exclaimed as I headed out of the restaurant's glass door.

Lumingon naman ako sandali at ngumiti.

"See ya!"

Nang tuluyan na akong lumabas ay agad sa akin na sumalubong ang makulimlim na kalangitan. The freezing wind bit my skin as the small bits of white snow started pouring onto my coat and the beanie on the top of my head.

Fog came out of my mouth when I breathed out. It has been four days since we left Pinbrooke and we settled here in downtown Boulder. Ang tunog ng mga makina at busina ng mga sasakyan ay pumuno sa aking tainga. Establishments with flat roofs and big signs on the front, people walking on the pavements, and benches every a few blocks filled my vision as I made my way to Kat's apartment.

Things didn't go as planned, since when I contacted my job at Arkansas a few days ago, they told me that they already had someone to fill the position that was offered to me. That hurts a lot because I really wanted that job for so long and in a snap, it's just.......gone.

But instead of moping about it, I started looking into other forestry jobs nearby and applied to many organizations. As I waited for any callback from them, I got a job at a nearby restaurant. There, I wait tables from nine to five and sometimes, a pick-up a few extra shifts.

A part of me is a little glad about the job rejection because first, I was with Kat when we filed a report against Rence, Kat's bruises were enough for the cops to look all over Colorado for Rence. And as long as I don't have a job offer yet, Kat will not be on her own, since for now, we're roommates. Which means if ever that sick bastard decides to come out of hiding and attemp to do some fúcked up shît to Kat, I will be kicking his åss too. I am sure that møtherfúcker is angry because I heard that he lost his big Ontario tech-job because of the report.

At wala akong ibang masabi kung hindi; deserve.

He deserves every bit of bad things that will come his way.

Napatigil ako sa paglalakad nang tumindig ang mga balahibo sa aking batok. Mabilis akong lumingon sa aking paligid habang kumakabog ang aking dibdib.

Huminga ako nang malalim nang wala akong makitang kakaiba sa paligid.

I feel like I am being watched......I have been feeling it a couple of days ever since I came back to Boulder.

I don't know if it was Paranoia or I am just straight up losing my mind because every night that I walk the streets of Boulder, I feel the same pair of eyes on me,

Like when Silas was watching me through the bushes.

My heart clenched as I thought of him.

Muli akong huminga nang malalim at nagpatuloy sa paglalakad. This time, I made sure my strides were bigger.

Maybe it's just paranoia because if Silas found me already, he wouldn't waste time, he would just probably grab me in the streets and drag me back to his cave. Which I hope won't happen anytime soon.

Nang makauwi ako sa bahay ay wala pa si Katherine. She gets home from her work around six or seven. By then, I either already ordered pizza for us or just fixed a simple meal. Nang mai-lock ko ang pintuan ay agad kong hinubad at inilagay ang aking makapal na itim na coat at beanie sa hook. Ipinatong ko rin sa shoe rack ang aking boots.

I didn't get to take one more step after that, since Dog woke up from his nap in the living and almost jumped me in excitement.

"Chill, boy. Mama's home." I said and rubbed his stomach. He barked in joy. I guided him to the small living room. Umupo ako sa tabi niya at binigyan siya ng stomach rubs at head pets. "I misshed you, sweet, sweet baby. Yesh, I do," I babytalked as I smiled wide.