Chapter 16: Monster of the Past

Silas

It was supposed to be a normal afternoon, where I just take what I need from the store and go back to my woman. Show her that I mean no harm, and that I want to do nothing but take care and cherish her.

But then, the moment I walked out of the grocery store carrying Dog's food, I knew that this afternoon will turn out anything but 'normal'. When the glass door closed behind me, I immediately spotted a fat and beefy motherfúcker leaning on his red sedan. He was wearing a thick black coat and white winter pants. It's foggy and cold as fúck yet he has a pair of stupid looking sunglasses. As I pretended to walk away like nothing was wrong, I continued to watch him stay in the same stance, his arms stayed crossed over his chest, and he didn't care that the snow was falling on his bald and shiny head.

When I finally crossed the road, I knew that the fúcker was following me. He's not being very discreet about it and it's not hard to spot a six-foot-two killer. The snow crunched against the sole of my shoes and the cans softly thudded inside the bag as I entered the forest.

Now, I bet that he's thinking that he's trapped me in here, and that he's about to kill me, but he is terribly wrong. He just walked into his death trap.

The moment that I felt him walk closer, I dropped the grocery bag, I turned and attacked him. His body landed on the snowy dirt with a loud thud. His glasses fell on the ground with him. He grunted loudly.

Umibabaw ako sa kanya upang hindi siya makatayo at makalaban.

"Who the fúck sent you?" I asked through gritted teeth as I gripped his collars.

Imbes na sumagot ay bumunot siya ng patalim sa kanyang bulsa. Agad ko iyon na inagaw. Napadaing siya nang malakas nang ibaon ko iyon sa kanyang hita. Nang bunutin ko iyon ay umilansik sa aking leeg ang kanyang dugo. Hindi ko iyon pinansin at itinutok ang patalim sa kanyang jugular.

Agad akong pumwesto ako sa kanyang gilid, I place my knee on his kidney, so if ever decides to do something stupid, I can press on it until it crushes. Habang ang isang kamay ko ay nakahawak sa kanyang collar, my other hand is gripping the knife against one of most important artery in his body.

He didn't dare to move. He only killed me with his stare because I already trapped him under me. One wrong move, all of his blood will mix with the ice.

"Who. do. you. work. for?"

"​​Den katáferes na skotóseis tous pántes, gamóto." You failed to kill everyone, fücker.

I clenched my jaw. He's a killer from the motherland.

"Akti sent you." I concluded.

"You have a target on your back, even if you kill me, I will not be the last hunter."

"Oh, I am not gonna kill you." I murmured.

Not yet. I have to know everything this motherfücker knows.

"We know about the bîtch in your cab–" He moaned in agony when I buried the knife in his arm. When I pulled it out, more blood gushed out of him, and more blood splashed on me.

He was cursing me.

"Next time you call my wife a name, the knife will be in your neck." I threatened him.

He smiled eerily through the pain.

"We will use her to torture yo–"

I gritted my teeth and knocked him out with a punch.

I stabbed the ground with the bloody knife and my fist balled in anger.

Fück. Double fúck. I don't care about myself, or if I die. The only thing I care about is her. They cannot know about her and if they do, they will have to kill me first before they even get to lay a hand on her hair.