Chapter 24: Mafia Boss Who?

Savannah

The day had passed and of course, he teased me. I had ignored all of it, even though I wanted to jump his bones like a cat in heat. Instead, I headed out and checked out the forest to see what I can really do to take care of it—-- I mean, I am already here, might as well do the job that I came here for. No pun intended.

I had also insisted on going to the forest because it gave me some time alone, to just think and process everything that had just happened.

Thank heavens, he gave me the distance and the time on my own. He ordered the security around the estate to make their appearances discreet, which I appreciate, alright.

As the snow pours lightly, I get to roam around the trees, observe, and take mental notes about the equipment that I would need to give this lovely forest a little TLC. Habang binabaybay ko ang kagubatan ay nalalasap ko rin ang kapayapaan na hatid nito. Whenever my hands touch the branches, I feel so, so connected with mother nature.

The solitude feels nice but my inner vixen still wouldn't shut up and was begging me to go inside and ask Silas for the you-know-what. Gosh, my libido is crazy whenever Silas is around.

By the time I got back inside, the sun was already setting. The snow was getting worse, since that's how it goes when it is winter. Snowfall and fog gets worse as the evening progresses, which is why most people or almost everyone's goal is to be inside the house once the clock hits six p.m.

The smell of grilled chicken and the delicious spices greeted my nose when I walked into the kitchen. I saw him standing there by the dining table, dressed in plain sweatpants and t-shirt, but somehow, he had managed to make it look like a luxury.

"Hey, i gynaíka mou." Bati niya matapos kong hubarin ang aking magenta na winter coat. Nahagilap ko iyon sa napakalaking closet sa itaas, I wore it together with a royal blue turtleneck, pants and boots.

"Hey," I greeted back, which made him pause for a moment. His grey eyes were on me, as though he was surprised that I didn't complain about the endearment.

Like I said, I am giving him a chance, as well as whatever this is. I feel confused because it doesn't feel like I am trying at all. It is crazy because it feels natural to just give in to him, to just let him take care of me and just let him love me the way he knows how.

"What?" Inosenteng tanong ko.

His plump lips formed into a joyous smile.

"Nothing. Let me take that." He said and took my winter gloves and beanie from me. He then placed it on the huge slab counter on our side. Without saying anything, I leaned into him, liking the feeling of his body heat.

"Ang bango-bango mo lagi." I said and buried my nose in his chest. His natural manly scent mixed with his bodywash and.... perfume that I now only smelled. His back straightened and when I looked up, that look of genuine surprise was evident on his handsome face.

"I s-showered and p-put on a nice perfume." For the first time ay narinig ko siyang nautal.

"I like guys who smell good." Seryosong sabi ko.

That's true though. A guy could be the hottest person alive, but if they smell bad, I won't even think of giving them a chance. When it comes to Silas, I don't know if it's because of my pheromones or what, but when it comes to him, he always smells good to me.

"And you sir," I jokingly poked his chest. "Smelled really, really good. Dagdag gwapo points." I smiled and poked his cheek next.

Nanlaki ang kanyang mga mata, habang unti-unting namula ang kanyang mga pisngi. Napatitig naman ako sa kanya.