Chapter 35: Who Are You?

Savannah

I was sitting at the edge of the bed with the test stick in my hand, holding it dearly while I stared at the wall in silence. I have been alone for the past half an hour, thinking about what I had just seen.

I had come to realize that I could stomach what I see, but I am certain that I don't want my kid to see that kind of thing, ever. I will protect them from that and I would wanna die first before I let them see that kind of morbidity.

.....but the question is, how?

I was thinking of running and hiding his kid somewhere far.  Somewhere away from this kind of lavish yet dangerous life.

However, the key word there was: thinking.

I was thinking about it but I wasn't planning on doing it. One may ask; why not?

Well, let's be real for a minute here.

I am legally married, (yes, I saw the paper with my name with his last name on it. I even looked it up in the registry and I am indeed Mrs. Fitzgerald.) to a mafia man, with a friend who has his own security company, worth million dollars, and has eyes everywhere.

I can run but I know I will only get to the front door before Silas has my åss.

And second of all, I am not going to sit here, cry, and pretend that whatever I saw was something that I didn't already see coming. I knew from the moment that we met that Silas wasn't a prince charming from a fúcking disney channel. He was wearing so many signs and had been telling me since day one of what kind of man he is and what kind of things that he used to do.

I knew all of that noong bumukaka ako at nagmakaawa ako sa kanya na putukan niya ako sa loob.

And now na nagbunga na nga iyon ay hindi ako tatakbo. I know to myself that If I really wanted to run, I will find a way, but then again, I won't, because I want to see the father of my child for who he was, who he is, and what made him.

I stiffened a little when I heard a soft two knocks. I delicately tucked the test stick in my pocket before I said, "Come in."

Not even two seconds later, he was already unlocking the door. His gray eyes softened when he saw the tear stains on my cheeks.

"Savannah," He weakly murmured as he approached closer, his barefoot softly thudding on the floor. His gray sweatpants contrasted the color of the dark floors.

"Come here." I told him.

Hindi siya nag-atubili na lumapit sa akin. I inhaled and closed my eyes for a moment when he kneeled before me. Pinagkasya niya ang kanyang sarili sa pagitan ng aking mga hita. He then wrapped his hard and tattooed arms around my torso and buried his face in my neck. My hands were stiff on my sides, not moving to embrace him back no matter how tempting it was.

His intoxicating smell is not helping with my self control. I could feel his rapid heartbeat against my shirt. My eyes widened for a moment when I felt his tears dripping on the crook of my neck.

"I'm so sorry that you have to see that.." He murmured. "Don't leave me, please, It is selfish but I am begging you on my knees, please, S-Savannah." His voice croaked, he then pulled his face from my neck and looked me in the eyes.

He looked so vulnerable right here in front of me, his bearded cheeks were tinted with blush and tears. His gray eyes were hooded and its orbs were in a mix cloud of regret, sincerity, and love for me.

I sighed softly.

"I won't." I murmured and cupped his cheek. He leaned into my touch like he was starved of it. He then pressed his lips on my skin and repeatedly kissed my palm.

"But I-I want to know why there is a stranger—--a bloody stranger in my home." I said firmly and wiped his cheek.

He nodded vigorously as he held my hand against his face.

"He was sent by the mafia to kill me." He replied without looking away.

Napalunok ako.

"You promised me that they won't ever come close to our home." I stated.

He nodded.

"Yes and that is still true," He replied. "Aleksei had brought him here when I specifically told him not to."

Oh.

"Take out your phone." Utos ko.

Gamit ang kanyang libreng kamay ay mabilis niya iyon na binunot mula sa kanyang bulsa.

"Dial his number and tell him to come here." I sternly added, before I slid my hand away from his face and back to my thigh. For a moment, I saw that longing glinted in his eyes and I knew how badly he wanted to tell me to touch him again, but he said nothing.

Instead, like a loyal servant to his mistress, his long fingers furiously typed numbers and pressed the slick black phone to his ear. Without taking his gaze off of me, he talked to Aleksei in rapid Greek.

Less than five minutes later, suited Aleksei was standing in the gaping door of our bedroom.

"I thought you didn't kneel for anyone, Silas?" There was a ghost of a smile on Aleksei's lips.

Silas does not seem to care about what he thinks, his gaze was on me, watching me, drinking in every twitch of emotion in my face. I took his hand and pulled him with me when I stood up. He stayed behind me while I walked closer to his friend.

Humalukipkip ako nang makahinto ako sa harapan ni Aleksei. His cold eyes were trained on my face.

"Is it true that you brought that bloody man to my home when my husband specifically told you not to?" Seryoso kong tanong.

"Yes."

I took another step forward until the tip of my flip-flops touched the pointed ends of his shiny black shoes. I then tiptoed and gave him a quick and hard slap, sa lutong noon ay umalingawngaw iyon sa kwarto. He didn't flinch, but amusement glinted in his icy eyes.

"No wonder why my boss kneels for you." He nonchalantly said.

Nanunuya akong ngumisi.

"I am married to your boss, so you will most probably see me for the rest of your life. He is also a friend to you, so I know that you will see our kids grow up and if you pull that shît again and my kids happen to see it, maghahalo ang balat sa tinalupan, naiintindihan mo, Aleksei?" Mariin kong sabi nang hindi naglalayo ng tingin. I don't give a fúck if he's a six-foot greek tattooed man with a goddåmn multi-million company.

I don't play when it comes to my future kids. Maternal instinct is amazingly scary.

That glint of amusement vanished from his eyes.

"Yes, ma'am." Agad at seryoso niyang sagot.

"Labas."

He didn't say a word. Instead he did exactly what I told him to, gently shutting the door behind him.

I let out a soft sigh and turned towards my mafia man. Seryoso at nagsusumamo ang titig niya sa akin. I was about to say something but then I saw a fresh big bruise behind the healthy facial hair around his sharp jawline.

"What happened?" I softly touched it for a moment.

"Aleksei punched me for killing the man who could possibly tell us where Terrence is." Sagot niya.

"He deserved that slap." I said and then crossed my arms. "Now, tell me, who are you?"

"My name is Stephanos Hatzi, I was born in Athens, Greece. I used to be a debt collector for the Akti mafia until the same mafia I worked for killed my sister, Clio Hatzi."  He replied without missing a beat.

Napalunok ako.

***

short update for today's video muna tayo hehehehe.