Nebraska

Mik was still on the ground in front of Sophie sobs leaving her mouth as Rick was next to her trying to get her up until Beth walked by but Miks eyes stayed on Sophie.

This isn't happening. She thinks as her sobs turn into silent cries and she lifts her hand and brings it to Sophie's hand softly touches it. Why her? Why did this happen to her? Did she feel a lot of pain? How long has it been since she got bitten? Why did I not go after her with dad on the highway? She thinks as she brings her hand up to Sophie's eyes slowly shutting them then brings her hand back to her lap as she stays still until she hears the cry's of terror and looks up and sees Beth in front of her mom who was walker and trying to eat her.

Mik gets up and grabs her sword walking over to Beth passing everyone as they freak out and grabs Beth's hand bringing her away from the walker then stepping in front of her and plunging her sword into the walkers head and takes it out making the walker drop to the ground as everyone looks at her with all different looks but she ignores them as she looks towards Shane.

"Why couldn't you just let dad take care of it you stupid son of a bitch?" Mik asks him but there was no emotion in her voice, no anger or sadness, it was just emotionless as she turns around and walks to her tent sword still in hand and Willow breaks away Lori who was holding him back and runs to Mik following her to their tent.

It was a little while later Mik was in her bed and Willow was cuddled next to her and she hadn't changed her clothes. She had dried tears on her face as she looked at the tent walls but her eyes were dail and her lips were dry.

Pain wasn't something new to her, it was like an old friend to her and it seemed to follow her anywhere she went even before the world ended no matter what she did to try to stop it.

Rick walks into the tent with a worried look as he sees Mik who doesn't even look at him almost like she didn't know he was there. He walked to her bed and sat next to her and pat Willow had as if telling him he is doing a good job then looks at Mik and moves some hair away from her face.

"Mik, can you look at me?" He asks and she moves her head slightly to look at her and he gives her the best smile he could. "I know you are not okay but is there something I can do to make you feel better?" He asks her and she looks like she is thinking for a second then nods.

"Stay with me until I fall asleep please." She asks him and he nods as he lays down next to her moving Willow in between them as Mik puts her head on his chest and he runs his fingers through her hair.

"Do you want me to sing?" He asks her if he can't really sing and doesn't really know any songs but he wanted to help her sleep.

"Please." She says in a quiet voice and he nods as he keeps his fingers going through her hair.

"You are my sunshine
My only sunshine
You make me happy
When skies are gray
You'll never know, dear
How much I love you
Please don't take
My sunshine away"

He starts singing messing up once in awhile but Mik didn't mind as she starts slowly falls asleep,

"The other night, dear
As I lay sleeping
I dreamed I held you
In my arms
When I awoke, dear
I was mistaken
So I hung my head and I cried"

Her eyes starts closing and Willow falls asleep on top of Rick.

"You are my sunshine
My only sunshine
You make me happy
When skies are gray
You'll never know, dear
How much I love you
Please don't take
My sunshine away"