18 Miles Out

It's been a week now and Mik was sitting in her tent drawing well listening to music as Willow walks around the tent. She was trying her best not to worry about the fact Rick was out with Shane and Randall.

Beth was out of shock but she wasn't okay. Mik knows that but she didn't know how to help her.

She was listening to Changes by 2Pac with her headphones on so she could play it as loud as she wanted without Lori complaining how it has bad words in it.

When she took off her headphones and heard yelling in the house she took Willow and went to the house to see what was going on.

"When Beth stops fighting, that's when it's time to worry." She hears Lori say as they silently walk into the house and Mik stands still.

"You are being so selfish!" Maggie shouts from up stairs Mik and Willow stay still and listen.

From what she got from listening to Andrea and Lori's conversation with Andrea is that Beth tried to kill herself and Andrea thinks that Lori wouldn't have stopped her which is bullshit and that she heard Andrea put Lori in her place which was amusing to hear.

When Andrea went outside Mik was quick to followe her.

"Andrea!" Mik shouts, making the blonde stop and look at her with her arm crossed over her chest. "You're wrong about Beth." She tells her to make Andrea scoff.

"No I am not and you guys will see that soon." Andrea tells her as Mik shakes her head.

"You don't know how wrong you are." Mik tells her as she takes her hat off and wraps her forehead. "We are not going to sit around and see if Beth decides to kill herself just because that's what you wanted to do." Mik tells her she knows it's harsh but in some moments you have to be harsh.

Mik turns around and goes into the house with Willow and sits on the couch with Willow just staring into space.

She remembers all the time she thought about killing herself but she never did it only because she really believed she deserved what her mom was doing.

And even though she wants to, she still doesn't know exactly what to say to Beth but she will try to help her.

When she heard shouting from Maggie and Lori upstairs she quickly got up and ran up to Beth's room and when she got there she saw Beth and Maggie hugging as Maggie helped Beth hold her bleeding wrist.

After a while Mik was alone with Beth they were both silent as Willow sat in Beth's lap letting her pet him.

"When I was younger my mom and her boyfriends would hit me all the time." Mik says as Beth looks at her confused as to why she was telling her this. "That's why I have all these scars and..." Mik takes a second to clear her throat. "I would always think about killing myself but I didn't when I was with her because I thought I deserved what I got but there was some days when I would just look at myself in the mirror and think..." She looks up and stares at herself in the mirror on Beth's desk. "Why not end it now because everything was bad and I didn't want to be there in the bad all the time." She tells Beth as both the girls look at earth with tears in their eyes.

"When did the thoughts go away?" Beth asks her as Mik gives her a sad smile.

"They don't go away but I just always remember myself that I have people and we are still here." She tells her as Beth's nods and looks down at the scare on her arm.

"Can you sing for me again?" Beth asks her and Mik nods as she goes and sits next to Beth on her bed as Beth lays down and Mik takes out her MP3 player and scrolls down Shallow by Lady Gaga.

"Tell me something, girl
Are you happy in this modern world?
Or do you need more?
Is there something else you're searchin' for?
I'm falling
In all the good times, I find myself longin' for change
And in the bad times, I fear myself"

Beth lays down cuddling Willow as he looks at his owner.

"Tell me something, boy
Aren't you tired trying to fill that void?
Or do you need more?
Ain't it hard keeping it so hardcore?
I'm falling
In all the good times, I find myself longing for change
And in the bad times, I fear myself
I'm off the deep end, watch as I dive in
I'll never meet the ground
Crash through the surface, where they can't hurt us
We're far from the shallow now
In the sha-ha, sha-ha-llow
In the sha-ha-sha-la-la-la-llow
In the sha-ha, sha-ha-llow
We're far from the shallow now
Oh, ha-ah-ah
Ah, ha-ah-ah, oh, ah
Ha-ah-ah-ah"

Mik looks down to see Beth sleeping and she smiles a little happy to help her friend.

"I'm off the deep end, watch as I dive in
I'll never meet the ground
Crash through the surface, where they can't hurt us
We're far from the shallow now
In the sha-ha, sha-ha-llow
In the sha-ha-sha-la-la-la-llow
In the sha-ha, sha-ha-llow
We're far from the shallow now"

She lays down and goes to sleep hoping Rick will be back when she wakes up.