Say the Word

(FLASHBACKS)

Mik was outside of her mother house on the porch drawing the things going on around her like the drug dealer at the end of the ride and the group of boys and girls playing basketball at the broke park across the street.

She looked behind herself when the door opened and saw her mom's boyfriend Finn who has a blunt in his hand.

"What are you doing little one?" He says as he sits next to her on the steps and lights his blunt.

"Drawing." She says with a smile as she shows him her drawing making him grab it and smile as he looks around and then back at the drawing seeing that he looked almost perfect.

"This isn't bad." He tells her and gives her back the drawing and she takes it and puts it in her lap then he takes out his wallet and grabs fifty dollars. "Go get me a pizza from down the street you can keep the change." He tells her and she grins and nods.

She runs upstairs and puts her stuff away and puts on her purple hoodie and her sneakers before leaving and walking down her street with her hood up.

Mik walked into the pizza place and saw Vinne who was a friend of Finn's. He looked up and saw little Mik standing in front of him, making him smile.

"The regular?" He asks her and she nods as he writes it down and Mik pays before he goes into the back as Mik stands there looking around.

They had a lot of photos of the city and some old fashion ones that Mik thinks are cool and behind the counter was one of her paintings of the man that owned the place.

"Here." Vinne says as he comes out and hands her the pizza Mik sees a small bag on the top of the pizza making her look at him confused.

"I gave you some fries at home." He tells her and she smiles and hugs him before leaving and sees that it is dark out now making her walk faster.

She luckily gets home safe and walks in and see Finn on the couch watching TV she looks around quickly and sees that her mom is not anywhere to be seen.

"Hey." She says as she walks over to him and puts the pizza next to him. "Is my mom not home?" She asked him and he shook his head.

"No." He says as he eats he knows JJ is out with another man but he doesn't care because he only stayed with JJ because he knew if he didn't JJ would bring a new boyfriend here that would beat Mik.

"Good night Finn." She says and hugs him before going back to her room and puts her cash away and eats her food and goes to bed.

Mik wakes up clean and sees Carl sitting next to her bed as she sleeps. His head is down and Mik can see the tears dripping down his face. She doesn't say anything but she does bring her hand up and wipe away his tears.

Carl gasps and grabs her hand as he looks up at her and she gives him a soft smile.

And when he starts sobbing she doesn't say anything but she does hug him as he cries into her shoulder. "I am sorry I wasn't there." She says as they pull away Carl just shakes his head and writes his tears.

"It's okay I am just happy you are alive." He tells her and she smiles at him.

"Who else did we lose?" Mik asked him and there is a part of her that she didn't want to know.

"Carol and T-Dog." He tells her and a son rips his way out of her throat instantly

Carl hugs her tightly as they cry. Mik didn't know if she could handle the pain of losing people anymore but she knew that she would be losing people until she dies.