Better Angels

Mik stood with the others around Dale's grave Glenn wasnext to her holding her hand, her eyes rad from crying all night, tears going down her face as she looked at Dale's watch that was wrapped around her wrist.

She was wearing her hat on top of two french braids that Maggie did for her, blue jeans with her badge and pocket knife on her black belt with a dark blue shirt with black long sleeve shirt and her black combat boots, her sword and gun in the same place like always. She tried her best to wear more layers because of how cold it's getting.

"Dale could... could get under your skin. He sure got under mine, because he wasn't afraid to say exactly what he thought, how he felt. That kind of honesty is rare and brave. Whenever I'd make a decision, I'd look at Dale." He says as Mik looks up at him but her left hand is still gripping her right wrist. "He'd be looking back at me with that look he had. We've all seen it one time or another. I couldn't always read him, but he could read us. He saw people for who they were. He knew things about us...The truth... Who we really are. In the end, he was talking about losing our humanity. He said this group was broken. The best way to honor him is to unbreak it. Set aside our differences and pull together, stop feeling sorry for ourselves and take control of our lives... Our safety... ...our future. We're not broken. We're gonna prove him wrong. From now on... We're gonna do it his way. That is how we honor Dale." He tells us and Mik nods then looks down at his grave as everyone else walks away she stays there standing in front of his grave.

She kneels down in front of his grave. "I am trying to do better for you." She tells him as she stops herself from sobbing. "You didn't deserve this and I wish that you lived long enough to find out Dad didn't kill Randall...but I guess this is the way the world is." She tells him as she walks to the front of his grave where a cross is that she had made earlier that morning. "Goodbye Dale and I hope one day when I die I will see you." She says before kissing two of her fingers then pressing them against the cross.

She stands up and walks to her tent with Willow to pack up all her stuff and move into the house. She had all her stuff in her bags one bag had all her important stuff like her favorite clothes and art supplies, MP3 player, spray paint, other had everything else and T-Dog came in her tent and took her cot and said he was going to put it in the dining room for her which she was okay with.

She left her tent and started walking with Diablo to the big white house and seeing everyone who is doing the same as her she tries her best to smile at them as she walks by.

"Hey." Rick says as he walks up to her and takes one of her bags and she smiles.

"Hey dad." She says as they keep walking and Willow runs ahead of them going to the house.

"How are you feeling?" He is also her and she looks forward. "And don't lie to me Mik." He tells her in a stern tone and she nods.

"I don't know honestly but I know Dale wouldn't want me to shut down." She tells him and he nods as they get into the house and walk into the dining room and Mik sees her cot in the corner set up with her blankets and pillows and Willow is already sitting on it.

"If you want to talk about it, come and find me okay." He tells her and she nods. "Unpack your stuff, me and Daryl are going to drop off Randall soon." He tells her and she nods again and he kisses her head and leaves as she sits on her cot.

She didn't unpack just sat there and she had a bad feeling about today. She had a feeling that she shouldn't pack.

So she didn't spend her time carving WASH into the handle of her gun with her pocket knife. She wanted to put We Are Still Here but there wasn't enough space for that.

                ¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

Mik was outside in the field watching the wind blow making the trees and the grass move and when she hears waffling she turns around to see Shane with Randall pushing him towards the woods.