Chp-46

“Why did you do that?” Mark growled, his eyes wide in shock.

“it’s for the best” Sehun shrugged, as he continued reading his book, ignoring his friend’s outburst.

“Best!! Best for whom?” Mark asked angrily, “Sehun, I am warning you, this is wrong. You are making a big mistake. Whatever you are planning is going to bite you in your ass” Mark warned seriously, but his eyes were pleading silently for Sehun to reconsider his decision.

“I didn’t ask for your advice or ask you to agree with me. If you are too afraid, piss off, let me see if I care.” Sehun spat, staring at Mark challengingly.

“Fine! Do whatever you want, but don’t expect me to have your back and importantly don’t come back begging to save your ass.” Mark spoke, shocking Sehun, because the Alpha surely didn’t expect Mark, his bestfriend to turn his back on him. Mark should be supporting him, not arguing with him.

As if reading Sehun’s thoughts Mark scoffed, “Don’t be too shocked that I am finally done with your idiocy and finally choose my own path. Vante is my home now, I want it safe and I believe that I am right for once to choose them, instead of a selfish bastard like you.”

“Are you fucking serious, aren’t you taking him a bit too seriously. I don’t understand what's so special about him.” Sehun asked incredulously, seriously Jungkook is nowhere near how a Luna should be and moreover he isn’t a match for Taehyung at all.

"Oh for god's sake, Just because Taehyung clearly rejected your advances doesn't mean that you get to be an ass about that. Seriously!! You are delusional if you still hope that Taehyung will have a sudden mental awakening and starts to see you in, as stupid as it sound, What? In a romantic light?" Mark laughed without any humour, making Sehun grit his teeth.

"What if I am? Taehyung is a grand Alpha, he needs someone powerful for him, not some meek defenseless Omega" Sehun spat coldly, glaring daggers at Mark.

"Oh, Who that will be? You??" Mark asked sounding mocking, "You fucking tried to betray Taehyung at the first opportunity you got because you are an jealous asshole, and too much of an coward" Mark spat."You should be grateful that Taehyung spared your life and for your information you can never stand close to Jungkook, he is worth 100 times more than you"

"How dare you?" Sehun growled angrily, his eyes flashing red, "How dare you compare me to an Omega"

“Omega, Yes Alpha V's Omega. Don’t fool yourself with that sweet side of his, because if the way Kim Taehyung is so bestowed with him tells something, then I am ready to bet that there’s a side of Jungkook that you don’t want to mess with.” Mark spoke seriously not at all cowering infront of the angry Alpha infront of him. "If a word of you badmouthing Jungkook spread out, next moment you will have your tongue tore apart. Pack members are loyal, but those in Vante will die for their Alpha and Luna without a second thought" He warned deadly serious before he walked out of the room, sending a final glance towards his friend.

If only his friend can see past his jealously, how wrong he is.

Meanwhile

Taehyung walked towards the cottage, he went out to make sure everything was fine. He know that they will be perfectly fine as only a few know about this secret place of his, but it’s perfectly fine to make sure they are safe. Taehyung wouldn’t had bothered if he was alone, but he wasn’t. He has Jungkook with him, and he will not be surprised if he didn’t checked everything thrice.

With Jungkook, he wouldn’t risk anything.

Taehyung walked inside to find Jungkook standing infront of the fireplace, looking serene. There was a look of calmness in Jungkook’s face, his expression was so open that made it difficult for Taehyung to take his eyes off the Omega.