Chapter 1: Izuku Midoriya - Quirk: Overhaul

AN: this the work of Mr. Cold Arrow from AO3, all the credit belong to Mr. cold Arrow

Chapter 1

Izuku slowly made his way down the sidewalk, still too shocked from what had just happened earlier to even think about where he was going. He kept his eyes exclusively on his hands, making sure they didn't touch anything. As he looked at them, memories from the previous night replayed in his mind.

"Izuku! You have to stop!"

"Izuku! Stop! It's your quirk, it's manifested! If you calm down, it'll stop!"

"IZUKU, YOU NEED TO-,"

Izuku tried to forget what had happened, but no matter what his mind kept coming back to the moment where he...where he touched his mother and she was completely destroyed, leaving only her blood in the air. The fact that the few people on the street at this time were avoiding him suggested that his clothes had been at least partially stained with blood. For the most part, he was glad they were staying away from him, but another small part of him wanted one of them to at least ask if he was ok. But, alas, nobody even gave him a second thought.

At least, until he accidentally bumped into a middle-aged man wearing a red dress shirt and pinstriped pants held up by suspenders. When Izuku looked into his face, he saw he had relatively spikey features, most notably his hair, which reminded Izuku of Bakugou.

"The hell do you- shit, the hell happened to you, kid?" The man asked, his anger quickly being replaced with a mixture of shock, worry, and mild annoyance, "Ya look like you came from a murder scene," He added. Izuku tried his best to find the right words, but he found that no matter how he moved his mouth he couldn't say a single word.

"Is something wrong, Irinaka?" An older voice asked. The man, apparently named Irinaka, looked behind him.

"Some brat covered in blood just bumped into me. Not sure if he can talk, Boss," Irinaka explained. Izuku subconsciously registered the fact that the other man was named Boss but didn't decide to think about it any further than that. A few seconds later, an old man, who Izuku presumed to be the Boss, appeared from behind Irinaka and took a look at Izuku.

"Hm. What happened to you, boy? Are you lost?" The Boss asked. Izuku slowly shook his head after a moment; after all, how could he be lost if he had no destination in mind? The Boss sighed.

"Alright, where are your parents? Do they care about you, or do they just let you go wherever?" The Boss asked. Izuku stiffened at the mention of parents, and he could feel tears start rolling down his face.

"I-I-I...they...my quirk..." Izuku managed to say after a minute while looking at his hands. It didn't take long for The Boss to piece together what had happened. He hummed before turning away.

"Well, if you have nowhere to go, follow me," The Boss ordered. Despite Izuku not even knowing the man for more than 2 minutes, he decided to follow him anyways. Irinaka hesitantly followed as well. The Boss led them to a polished black car and opened the passenger seat up front. He clicked open the glove box and pulled out a pair of gloves. He then shut the glove box and door and turned back to Izuku, who looked up at him nervously, his hands now resting in a weird position where they were held up as high as his elbows and his hands draped down, reminiscent of a ghost.

"Put these on your hands. If it's a touch-based quirk, those should cancel out any effect they have," The Boss said. Izuku followed his instructions, and while the gloves didn't really fit his hands, they still worked. Izuku touched a nearby tree out of curiosity and was happy to see that the tree stayed perfectly intact.