Chapter 39: Reflections

Chapter 39

"All Might!" Izuku yelled as he barreled into the hospital room, Kendo right behind him along with Kurono, "I just saw what happened on TV! I would have come sooner, but we'd just rescued Momo and we, uh, kinda went to an Italian restaurant for dinner? Did you know Monoma-Kun's Dutch? Or, well, technically Belgian, even though Belgium didn't exist at the time of-,"

"Izuku, priorities." Kurono stated, causing Izuku to blush in embarrassment. The skeletal man in the hospital bed tried to chuckle, but a glob of blood came up instead.

"You good, All Might?" Kendo asked, walking over to the bed, "You, uh, probably have to retire now, huh?" All Might sighed at the reminder.

"Yes, it would seem so. And it won't be a comfortable retirement either, seeing as I'm still missing half of my organs, and there's not exactly anybody who can heal me." Izuku's eyes widened at this, and he slapped himself in the face.

"I'M AN IDIOT!" He screamed, to Kendo and All Might's bewilderment. Meanwhile, Kurono didn't even skip a beat as he replied.

"And you only realized this now?" Kendo couldn't keep herself from snorting at Kurono's remark; she could certainly see how the man got a harem, and she'd probably join if she wasn't a lesbian.

"Y-Young Midoriya, why are you saying this?" All Might asked.

"I could have healed you all the way back on Dagobah Beach!" Izuku explained, head held in frustration, "I could have bought you more time! All might wouldn't have died today, but some other day! Everything that happened here is all my fault! If I'd healed you back then, you might have been at USJ earlier and arrested Shigaraki and Kurogiri! If I'd healed you back then, you-,"

"My boy, it's alright!" All Might coughed, ejecting even more blood out of his mouth. He wiped his mouth before continuing, "Young Midoriya, it really shouldn't have taken me this long to realize it, but the world needed to come to terms with the fact I would no longer be able to say, 'I am here', and it's far better they realize this sooner rather than later."

"Fair enough." Kurono agreed, shrugging, "Villains are definitely gonna get bolder now that the Symbol of Peace is dead- I mean, retired. I know for a fact the Hassaikai is gonna have a field day while the Heroes are distracted." He muttered that last part, but everyone still heard it. Izuku thought about if for a moment before reluctantly nodding in agreement as well.

"Alright, fair enough..." He muttered, before gaining resolve in his eyes, "But...I can heal you now! You shouldn't have to live your retirement in discomfort! No, I wont allow it! You are going to be healed, and you are gonna like it!" Kendo and Kurono watched in amusement as Izuku continued threatening to heal All Might.

"I'm just saying that if Yanagi is into BDSM, then she really can't go wrong with Izuku. I mean, he's berating All Might with threats of kindness, that'd make him perfect for it!" Kurono whispered to Kendo, who simply looked at him with a look of horror, confusion, and disgust, before stepping away from Kurono and his twisted mind.

"Alright, fine!" All Might yelled, shutting Izuku up, "Shouldn't be too difficult to do the operation now. We're at Central Hospital- how did you guys even know I was here?"

"Good question." Kendo replied, and All Might decided to just drop the topic.

"Anyways, Central Hospital keeps plenty of artificial organs. The stomach is going to have to be a real one, as they haven't found a way to make an artificial stomach-,"

"Mei probably has one in her room somewhere..." Kurono muttered.

"But my respiratory system should be easily repaired with artificial lungs! Er, are you able to use your quirk to put prosthetics in someone?" All Might asked, looking at Izuku.