Chapter 29: Not My Ideal I-Expo

Chapter 29

Izuku waited nervously inside the foyer of the central tower, anxious for Reiko's arrival. She'd said that she would take a while, but how long was a while? 10 minutes? 30 minutes? An hour? It kept Izuku on his toes, and a couple times already he'd began worrying about if she had ditched him. Thankfully, Kendo had arrived earlier wearing a nice turquoise dress with a few frills; not what he'd expect of a tomboy, but it was certainly aesthetically pleasing. She'd been helping him calm down, assuring him that Reiko wouldn't leave him.

"Are you sure she won't?" Izuku asked for the 10th time, practically biting his nails in anticipation. Kendo sighed, shaking her head.

"Izuku, let me say this bluntly: Reiko is absolutely smitten over you. Hell, she's probably even more worried that you're gonna abandon her!" She assured him, rubbing his back sympathetically. The door opened, and Izuku's head snapped upwards only to fall back in disappointment when he saw it was just Momo, Tokoyami, Setsuna and Monoma. He could feel Kendo's hand tighten its grip however, and he smirked as he realized it was almost certainly because of Momo.

"Yo, Midoriya! Got any more strange and unsettling insights?" Setsuna called out. She was wearing a sequin split thigh dark-green dress, with a silver necklace on her chest. He could see knee-length black boots in the split as well, which were elaborately decorated with many laces.

"Fir trees can grow in our lungs." Izuku stated calmly. Setsuna coughed, looking shocked.

"Dude, I meant something relating to some whacky thing we could do with our quirks, now I'm just gonna be fucking terrified of fir trees!" She replied, her hand subconsciously hovering above her lungs. Izuku's face turned blank, and he soon buried it in his hands in shame. While he wallowed in despair, Kendo turned to Setsuna.

"Why'd you only bring Monoma?" She asked, glancing at the surprisingly docile blonde.

"Well, I was only allowed to bring one other person, and I didn't want to be unfair to everyone else, so I set up a raffle to randomly pick someone and Monoma won." Setsuna explained.

"Don't worry, I won't play up the whole 'hating your class thing' now." Monoma assured them.

"...Are you okay? Where's the real Monoma?" Kendo demanded.

"Honestly, I can't be bothered to do it right now, I just want to enjoy the party." Monoma explained. Kendo was incredulous and blinked.

"Huh..." Was all she could say. It was at this moment that Tokoyami wandered over to Izuku, leaning against the wall next to him. He was wearing a dark purple suit, so dark it was nearly black, and underneath the suit jacket was a purple shirt with a black tie, which Izuku humorously noted had bats on it.

"Nice suit, Midoriya." Tokoyami commented, crossing his arms.

"T-Thanks, you too. The bats are a nice touch!" Izuku replied, eliciting a scowl from Tokoyami.

"The bats were...not my idea. But Dark Shadow tore up my other ties so I was forced to use this one. Anyways, where's Yanagi?"

"Ah, she said she'd take a while to get ready." Tokoyami hummed.

"Don't worry, she won't leave you. Us emos don't often find friendship easily, and as a result we don't leave friendships easily either. I'd imagine the same applies to romantic partners." Izuku choked on his own breath, eyes snapping up to Tokoyami.

"How do you know we're dating?" Izuku whispered so as to not alert the others.

"Kendo, Kurono, Yaoyorozu and myself all pushed Yanagi into confessing. We had no doubts you were dating after that study session." Tokoyami replied coolly, shocking Izuku. Had...had they been getting shipped? Had they all really thought that him and Reiko were that good of a couple that they urged Reiko to confess to him? Somehow, the thought of having their relationship supported by all their friends really made Izuku happy, and it took away some of his fears that Reiko would leave him out of nowhere.