Chapter 9: The USJ Incident

Chapter 9

For some reason, Aizawa gathered everyone outside of the school building, along with Kyōsaku. Nevertheless, everyone is happy to be back in their Hero Costumes, except maybe Bakugou, who had his gauntlets taken away until further notice due to the stunt he pulled during sparring.

"Today's class will be taking place off campus at the USJ. All Might was supposed to be here as a trial run to see how his teaching skills are so far, but unfortunately Nedzu decided to postpone it, and I have elected to replace him with Kyōsaku," Aizawa explains. Kyōsaku simply stands there silently with a slight nod, and now that Izuku looks at him he realizes he kind of remind him of Todoroki, what with their general facial structure and lack of social skills. The class grumbles a bit about not having All Might again, but they still get on the bus. Izuku snags a seat with Yanagi on his right, Tokoyami on his left, and Momo and Itsuka sit across from them, and they all soon join the conversation the rest of their class is having.

"Hey, Himura-Senpai, what's your quirk?" Tsuyu asked the older student, who was sitting a couple seats away, slightly hunched over. Kyōsaku looked up with his usual indifferent face.

"Oh, I make a mist that I can freeze and turn into ice within a 10m radius. I can go further, but it puts a bit of a strain on me," Kyōsaku explained simply. Now that Izuku heard him talk, he realized he even sounded similar to Todoroki, even if he hadn't heard his classmate speak that much.

"Himura-Senpai, are you related to Todoroki-Kun by any chance? You just have a lot of similarities," Izuku asked.

"Yeah! I was thinking that as well!" Mina added.

"Perhaps they are long lost family members who are just now meeting again due to fate," Yanagi suggested.

"Why am I feeling Déjà vu right now?" Momo muttered to herself.

"Oh, well, we are cousins through his mother," Kyōsaku explained, as if that was not a big deal at all. However, it was a big deal, and everyone listening lost their collective shits.

"Wait, so you're related to ENDEAVOUR?!" Kaminari asked.

"That's so cool!" Sero added.

However, as everyone began talking about how cool it was that Kyōsaku was supposedly related to Endeavour (which he wasn't; did they not hear him say 'through his mother'?), Izuku noticed that Todoroki looked...uncomfortable from the Endeavour praise. At least, he thought he looked uncomfortable. He was shifting in his seat, and actively looking anywhere but at Kyōsaku. Izuku decided maybe Todoroki would rather people didn't mention his father and thought of a way to switch the subject.

"Hey, Kyōsaku, seeing as Koryu does a Work Study, I'm assuming you do one as well?" Izuku asked. The people around showed confusion as to what that was, barring a few; they must not have read the UA Website where they literally mention these.

"Hm? Oh, yeah, I do one as well. I learn a lot, and the Hero I work with is super experienced, and even if our quirks are polar opposites, he still has a lot of helpful advice," Kyōsaku explained.

"And who is the Hero in charge of you?" Izuku asked. Kyōsaku seemed to swell with pride before replying.

"Endeavour," He replied.

Fuck.

The entire bus went mental again, only stopping when Aizawa flashed his quirk at them to shut them up. Izuku was both very annoyed and very impressed. For one, he had mentioned Work Studies to move away from Endeavour, not loop around! On the other hand, it was insanely impressive that Kyōsaku, a guy with an ice quirk, got a Work Study with Endeavour, a Hero with a fire quirk. And not only that, but he was seemingly thriving in the environment. Izuku supposed it was a testament to Endeavour's skill that he could teach even a person with a completely different quirk how to improve.