Chapter 34: Ring of Fire

Chapter 34

Oh god, oh fuck, everything sucked.

That was what was playing on repeat in Izuku's mind as everything did indeed suck. First of all, there was a sleeping gas in the air which forced Izuku to painfully deconstruct and reconstruct himself every 30 seconds or so just to avoid falling victim to it. Then there was the ring of god damn fire surrounding the forest that inched closer every second. Then there was the fact that he couldn't find Ragdoll, so he couldn't even ask her what they should do.

"If I were Tokoyami, I think I would qualify this as THE mad banquet of darkness." Izuku joked.

"Darling, now is not the time for jokes." Reiko scolded, and Izuku had to admit that she was right.

"Okay, uh, if we can't find Ragdoll, should we try heading back?" He suggested, and Reiko shrugged.

"In our current predicament, it would indeed be wise to turn back. Spending an extended amount of time in these conditions could have unknown effects, as sleeping gas generally should not cause your respiratory system to begin burning up." She replied.

"How do you even know that?"

"Wikipedia rabbit holes at 3:00 AM. Perhaps once we are in a safer location, I could educate you about the Erfurt Latrine Disaster of 1184."

"The- actually, no, I'm not going down this rabbit hole right now. Let's get back to where we started. They might not know what's going on, and I trust the people up ahead to take care of themselves." Reiko nodded at that, and they turned back and ran the way they'd came, and after a couple minutes they broke out into what could be considered an utter disaster. Pixie-Bob was unresponsive on the ground, with blood gushing out of her head. In the background, he could see Mandalay and Tiger fighting a lizard with a massive sword and a...guy? No, that was a girl, a girl with a massive magnet.

"Reiko, can you bring Pixie-Bob's body over?" Izuku asked.

"Of course. It may be difficult, but I have been working out lately and am hopeful that your hypothesis that my physical strength is indeed linked to my quirk." Reiko replied, aiming her arms as Pixie-Bob was engulfed in an ethereal pink glow and levitated over to them. She landed with a thud next to Izuku, and Reiko rubbed her arms.

"'Twas a slight burden, but diminutively less so than before." Reiko stated as Izuku put a hand to Pixie-Bob's head, repairing it and awakening Pixie-Bob.

"Kitten? Wuzgoinon?" She slurred, rubbing her head.

"Good question." Izuku replied, "But to answer your question the best I can, I think we're under attack." Pixie-Bob shot up at that, and she saw the fight raging in front of her between her comrades and the villains.

"Holy shit! I remember now! I suddenly got dragged in a direction and the next thing I knew, I was knocked out!" She exclaimed, before her gaze steeled, "No time to think about that now, though, I need to help my teammates!" As she said it, an earth beast materialized next to Pixie-Bob, and before either villain could react, the beast had pinned the magnet girl under one paw but was quickly defeated after a quick swing from the lizard's sword.

"Damn it, when did she wake up?" He growled, raising his blade. However, he was completely unprepared for Kendo, who kicked into his sword (which was more like a bunch of knives taped together) and broke it, after which Tiger wrapped around the lizard until he ran out of breath and passed out.

"Mandalay, Tiger! The camp's under attack!" Izuku yelled out.

"Indeed, Ragdoll was nowhere to be seen." Reiko continued.