Chapter 27: Mall Trip 3: The Search for Mall Trip 2

Chapter 27

"Midoriya-Kun, may I have a word before you go home in a totally legal way?" Izuku froze as he heard Nedzu say that. What could the mou- ra- principal want? Also, he didn't exactly like the fact that Nedzu seemed to be aware of the fact that Kurono illegally drove them to school. And he would really rather get home now that he was finally finished with exams. Despite these fears, Izuku remained behind, locking his eyes with Reiko for a moment as she left, knowing 100% that she was going to be staying back to wait for him.

"What do you need, Principal Nedzu? I haven't done anything illegal!" Izuku quickly added, which Nedzu chuckled at.

"Nonsense, Midoriya! I find your illegal exploits quite amusing!" Izuku raised an eyebrow.

"Not sure if you should be endorsing this as a teacher but I'm not gonna question it." He muttered, which seemed to be the right thing to say as Nedzu's smile simply deepened.

"Anyways!" The...animal of uncertain species stated, clapping his paws together, "It is with great honor that I inform you that due to winning the 1st Year Sports Festival, the Directors of I-Island have offered you and one other person of your choice a trip to I-Island, all expenses paid! This will include early entrance into I-Expo and give you access to the reception party!" Izuku choked on his own breath as he heard that. I-Island? The I-Island? He'd ALWAYS wanted to go there! He loved hearing stories online about how the Island was a cultural melting pot, with influences from Japan, China, America, India, The Nordic Union, the list went on and on!

But...

"Who the hell should I take as my plus one?" Izuku breathed as he realized he had to make a choice.

"I was under the impression that you and Yanagi-San were now together?" Nedzu asked. For the second time, Izuku choked on his own breath. How the hell did Nedzu know that? "I mean, you were continuously looking at each other, and something seems to have evolved between the two of you considering the way you act!" Oh, it now made sense as to how Nedzu knew. Were they really that unsubtle, or was Nedzu just smart enough to see what others couldn't?

But that still left a burning question.

"What about Kurono?" Izuku asked, "I-I can't just pick Reiko as my plus one without any hesitation when there's my best friend!" At this, Nedzu's smile split into a grin.

"Oh, I assure you, he already has plans that will not allow him to travel to I-Island with you. You have zero excuses to not have Yanagi-San tag along!" he chirped, sipping on a cup of tea that Izuku swore he had not been holding previously. He was silent for a moment before shrugging, seeing no further argument to be made, "Splendid! The tickets for the private jet will be in your emails tonight!" And before Izuku could question that, Nedzu had scuttled away somewhere, leaving him alone.

"Well...that was interesting." Was all Izuku could think to say as he grabbed his bag again and left, immediately spotting Reiko leaning against the wall opposite the door.

"Are you prepared to embark?" She inquired, which made Izuku smile; he'd never get sick of her way of speaking.

"Yeah, and I have some great news!" He replied, walking alongside Reiko as they made their way to the train station, "I'm going to I-Island because I won the Sports Festival, and I get to bring you with me!"

"Truly?" Reiko asked, eyebrows shooting up in surprise as she looked at Izuku. Izuku nodded, and a dreamy look came over her eyes, "Amazing...I have always heard such incredible tales of that location. I hear the shopping district is particularly interesting as well..." They spent the rest of their walk discussing the many different things about I-Island, unconsciously getting closer together as they walked, and Izuku had no doubts that he was the luckiest man in the world to have Reiko be with him.