Chapter 10: Memories

Chapter 10

Detective Tsukauchi started the recorder, the person he was interviewing sitting across from him looking stoic, if a bit tense.

"This interview is being recorded. I am Detective Naomasa Tsukauchi, and I am based at Musutafu Police Station, and I am currently working on the USJ Incident. Will you state your full legal name?" Tsukauchi asked.

"Itsuka Kendo, 15 Years Old," Kendo replied.

"May you also tell me your date of birth, Kendo-San?" Tsukauchi continued.

"September 9th, 2136," Kendo replied.

"Wonderful. Now, how exactly were you involved in the USJ Incident?"

"I was a part of the group of students that were attacked by the villains, sir,"

"And can you tell me what happened to the best of your ability? As much detail as you can, please,"

"Well, we entered the USJ, and everything was normal, but after maybe 30 seconds my friend Izuku Midoriya pointed out a purple mist in the plaza. After he mentioned it, the mist expanded, and a bunch of Villains started coming out from it. After that, Aizawa-Sensei and Himura-Senpai-,"

"I assume Aizawa-Sensei and Himura-Senpai are Shota Aizawa and Kyōsaku Himura, otherwise known as Eraserhead and Everest respectively?" Tsukauchi interrupted. Kendo nodded, but then remembered it was being recorded and let out a 'yes', "Thank you. Please continue,"

"Anyways, Himura-Senpai and Aizawa-Sensei both rushed down to the Plaza to take on the Villains, leaving Thirteen to help us escape. But the Mist teleported to us and said his name was Kurogiri, and that the group of Villains were the League of Villains. Then when Thirteen attacked him, Kurogiri used his quirk to make Thirteen use her quirk against herself. Once she was down, Katsuki Bakugou and Eijirou Kirishima tried to attack him, but he teleported them, and shortly after teleported most of the class away,"

"And where were you teleported?" Tsukauchi asked.

"The Shipwreck Zone, along with Tsuyu Asui and Reiko Yanagi. A group of Villains were waiting in the water, but Asui saved me and Reiko, bringing us to the boat. Once we were there, we planned and were able to safely detain the Villains. After that, Izuku, Momo Yaoyorozu and Denki Kaminari appeared, having beaten their Villains, and Izuku used his quirk to trap our villains. Then we left that zone and ended up in a pool just outside the Plaza, where we could see Aizawa-Sensei fighting the Villains still,"

"I thought Himura was also fighting them?" Tsukauchi prodded. Kendo shrugged.

"He wasn't there for some reason, and I don't know why. But anyways, this Villain, I think Kurogiri called him Tomura Shigaraki, he went and attacked Aizawa-Sensei, and his quirk decayed the skin covering Aizawa-Sensei's elbow, exposing his bare muscle. Aizawa-Sensei kicked him away though, but after some fighting a Villain with a bird-beak mask ordered this massive black monster thing he called Nomu to attack Aizawa-Sensei. And he...he...oh, it was horrifying," Kendo held back a sob; what had happened to Aizawa was truly horrific, and it was something she knew would haunt her for the rest of her life. Tsukauchi gave her a sympathetic look.

"Do you need a moment? We can continue the interview later if you'd like?" He suggested. Kendo shook her head.

"N-No, it's fine. After the Nomu broke Aizawa-Sensei's arm, Shigaraki said something about how All Might wasn't making an appearance – oh right! Kurogiri mentioned they were going to kill All Might when he first blocked us at the entrance – anyways, after he said that, he dashed at us and was going to use his quirk on Reiko. But then...uh, Izuku used his quirk on Shigaraki, and Shigaraki's arm kind of got completely destroyed by Izuku?"