Chapter 13: If in doubt, just use spikes!

Chapter 13

Izuku could hear the approaching sounds of ice and explosions, and he was starting to panic. Even while riding spikes, he still had to get off when there were unexpected turns or hills. Todoroki and Bakugou had the luxury of increased mobility, meanwhile all Izuku's lame-ass spikes could do was go forward and up. At least they were significantly faster that Todoroki's ice and Bakugou's explosions.

"Any plans, dumbass, or did you overhaul your brain to remove the wrinkles?" Kurono asked. Izuku grit his teeth, as it seemed that Kurono was not aware of the fact that it's harder to plan when you can hear a sentient bomb and anthropomorphic antarctica approaching, with full knowledge that they want to kick your ass.

"How about I chuck you at Todoroki or Bakugou? Then not only will one of them be slowed down, but I won't have to deal with your annoying ass!" Izuku snarled. He could hear Kurono gulp.

"Have I ever told you how much I appreciate you as a friend?" Kurono asked. Izuku groaned, rolling off his newest spike with Kurono and immediately preparing another one. At that moment, Kendo managed to catch up with them.

"Thanks for leaving me with that Clash guy and the Weather girl, assholes!" She yelled. Izuku grimaced.

"In my defense, we neutralized Mitsudo," Izuku replied.

"I'm sorry, we?! That was me!" Kurono yelled.

"Technically the devil gave you the bomb, so really it was the Pink Devil who did it!" Izuku yelled back.

"Touché," Kurono replied. Suddenly, Izuku became acutely aware of the fact they were approaching a cliff. He stopped and began looking at the problem.

"OH, AND KENDO, MIDORIYA AND KURONO HAVE NOW REACHED THE PIT OF DESPAIR! THEY HAVE TO GET THEIR WAY ACROSS, AND IF THEY FALL IN, THAT'LL BE AN INSTANT DISQUALIFICATION!" Present Mic announced. Izuku breathed a sigh of relief. This was something his quirk was great at. Even better was that it was a straight jump, so he wouldn't have to get off at those little islands.

"Hehe, now's my time to show off...all of my magnificent babies!" A familiar voice exclaimed. Izuku looked beside him to see a girl with pink dreadlocks wearing all manner of support gear. She also looked kind of crazy, but at this point 'crazy' was just a synonym for 'normal' in Izuku's life.

"Oh, hey Mei," Kurono casually said. Izuku was confused as to how they knew each other, as Kurono had never mentioned a Mei. But then Izuku realized her hair was pink, and she was clearly in the Support Department, and suddenly the pieces clicked together.

"She's the Pink Devil?" Izuku asked. Kurono nodded.

"Yep, that's her," Kurono replied.

"How have my babies been servicing you, Clock-Kun?" Mei asked as she fiddled with something on her hips.

"It's surprisingly fun throwing a bomb at someone," Kurono commented.

"That's fantastic! Anyways, Support Companies! Watch my fantastic Wire Arrow and Hover Soles in action!" And with that, Mei began gliding past them, being dragged towards where a wire had hooked into the wall from her hips. Suddenly, Bakugou and Todoroki came out of nowhere, either blasting over them or sliding past them, and Izuku became aware of the crowd of people that had now caught up.

"Shit, we got distracted! Let's go, Kurono, Kendo!" Izuku yelled. Kendo immediately jumped off, and Izuku made a bridge over to the other side and began running across with Kurono.