Chapter 11: The Filler Chapter

Chapter 11

Once Izuku was discharged by Recovery Girl, he decided to check his phone, to see about a million missed texts and calls from Kendo, Kurono, 3 Unknown Numbers, The Boss and Irinaka. Izuku decided to start with the missed texts from the 3 unknown numbers, as he was pretty curious as to why these 3 random people had texted him. He clicked on the most recent one and scrolled up from the bottom text to the top. They'd sent him what must have been 100 texts just asking if he was alright in different ways, but he finally reached the top message.

"Izuku, this is Reiko,"

Huh, Izuku didn't realize how worried Reiko could get. She must have gotten his number from Kendo, which probably meant the other 2 unknown numbers were Tokoyami and Momo. Izuku continued reading Reiko's text.

"I hope this message finds you in a better state than when I last saw you. Frankly, we were all worried when you just completely shut off, but I am sure there was a good reason for it. You do not need to tell me nor anyone else the specifics of what caused it,"

"Also, Nedzu sent an email to all the students saying we had the rest of the week off, just so you know,"

"Also, nobody died, in case you were wondering,"

"Also-,"

Most of the texts after that went along the lines of 'Also, _,', so Izuku decided to just text a quick reply.

"Sorry for making you worry, Yanagi! I'm fine now, and Recovery Grill discharged me. Thanks for all the messages, but you had nothing to worry about! Again, sorry for making you worry!"

"*Recovery Girl,"

Izuku started making his way towards the exit once he sent the message, but not even 20 seconds after he sent it, he got a reply.

"Izuku, no offence, but I think everyone had every right to worry when you just stopped responding to everything we said and entered a panic attack, you don't need to apologize," The message read. Izuku became flustered when he realized how stupid he must have looked when he did that, and he quickly began typing out a reply, but before he could finish typing it out Reiko had already sent another text.

"I swear to jod if your typing out another apology I will strangle you," Well that went from 0-100 real fucking quick. Also, what the fuck was a jod?

"Sorry," Izuku replied.

"Wait,"

"Shit," Izuku hastily typed out, realizing his mistake.

"You're lucky your cute,"

"COOL"

"I MEANT COOL"

"NOT CUTE"

"COOL"

Izuku couldn't help but smile as he read that message chain, and for some reason he felt something nice and warm in his chest. He couldn't quite put a finger on what the feeling was, but he liked it. He continued walking, now exiting UA, and he kept his eyes locked on his phone.

"Autocorrect?" Izuku asked.

"Yes," Reiko texted back.

"Oh,"

"That reminds me,"

"I should add you to the group chat,"

Izuku raised an eyebrow. Since when had there been a group chat? He dismissed it, and when Yanagi sent a link to a group chat he clicked on it.