Chapter 15: Tournament

Chapter 15

"Oh, jeez, I wonder how this fight is gonna go," Izuku said monotonously as Kaibara and Todoroki walked into the arena.

"I'm sure this Kaibara guy will find a way to defeat Shoto 'Glacier-Making' Todoroki," Kurono commented in an equally monotone voice.

"Surely, the upcoming battle we are about to witness will be one that will be spoken of for generations to come," Reiko stated, also in a monotone voice. However, one would be forgiven for not noticing a difference between Reiko's regular voice and her monotone voice, as they are essentially the same thing.

"Well fuck you too!" Monoma yelled from over his wall.

"Be fair, Monoma, what are the chances that Kaibara will win this match?" Tokoyami asked.

"...Less than zero," Monoma muttered, "But it's not my fault your class got all the overpowered people! Seriously, you have-," Unfortunately for Monoma, a vine wrapped around his neck, stopping him from his rant.

"Oh, you poor misguided lamb. I must punish you for being such a sinner," Shiozaki said, dragging Monoma away as he screamed via her vines. 1-A were silent for a moment.

"Truly, your taste in girls is undefeated, Kurono. You really know how to pick them," Kendo said sarcastically. Kurono had turned pale after realizing the possible mistake he'd made.

"I-I'm not a sinner...right?" He asked, looking at Izuku. Izuku just smirked.

"Let's see, you like flirting with girls, you swear a lot, you once threw a bible into a lake and joked about it being 'holy water', you don't believe in god, you use the Lord's name in vain often, you're definitely some kind of kleptomaniac and you mastered lying before you were 10. Apart from that? No, you're not a sinner," Izuku listed off, with Kurono wincing at every statement. He then turned to Momo.

"Yaoyorozu, can you make me a new soul, preferably free of...everything Izuku just mentioned?" Kurono asked.

"I'm afraid that is impossible," She replied coolly.

"The match is about to start," Tokoyami commented. Everyone turned their attention to the battle that was about to happen.

"And from Class 1-A, we have the cold, Antarctic powerhouse Shoto Todoroki!" Present Mic exclaimed as Todoroki walked onto stage, the crowd roaring at his appearance.

"And from Class 1-B, his quirk might not be flashy, and he might not stand out that much, but that's no reason to brush off Sen Kaibara!" There were significantly less cheers for Kaibara than Todoroki, and Izuku felt a pang of sadness for Kaibara.

"This is...kind of unfair, isn't it?" Izuku started, attracting some confused looks.

"Didn't we just go over this?" Tokoyami asked, prompting Izuku to shake his head.

"No, no! As in popularity! Just because 1-A got attacked by villains, everyone is watching them, and barely any attention gets shown to the other classes," Izuku explained.

"I suppose you're right, Midoriya, but what can we do about it?" Momo replied. Izuku sighed.

"I don't know..." He said.

"Let the match begin!" Midnight shouted. Kaibara instantly started gyrating his legs, giving him a massive speed boost. He was right in front of Todoroki when suddenly an iceberg erupted from his feet, causing a stunned silence to fall upon the crowd.

"Isn't...that a bit much?" Present Mic whispered. Izuku was inclined to agree with him. The entire right side of the stadium was shadowed by the gigantic iceberg, and some people were starting to shiver.