Chapter 4: Full Diffuse and Entrance Exams

It took 2 months before Kendo finally found a way to safely use One for All.

It had been a normal day, with All Might and Gran Torino doing their best to help Kendo while Izuku and Kurono watched. Or, more accurately, Kurono watched while Izuku occasionally looked up from his notebook where he was writing down about One for All and its past users. Izuku figured that if he could figure out who the past users were and how they used One for All, then maybe he'd be able to find something that could help Kendo progress.

"So, which user are you researching right now?" Kurono asked, interrupting Izuku's research.

"Seeing as there's not much more we can find on Nana for now, I'm focusing on the 6th User," Izuku replied. Nana Shimura had proven to be the easiest, short of All Might. This was primarily because they not only had more records and media than any other user barring All Might, but they had primary sources thanks to Gran Torino and All Might, who had lived to see Nana in action. Thanks to the combination of records and the two men, Izuku had quickly pieced together a folder on Nana. She was 44 when she died and was active for 24 years (apparently 2 years between graduating UA and becoming a hero were spent travelling the world), and her hero name was Perseverance. She received One for All when she was 34, meaning she had it for 10 years before her death. According to All Might, gran Torino and some old footage, her fighting style consisted mostly of grappling and short jabs, generally preferring to weaken her opponent slowly and surely before doing the finishing blow. She also had a family, but they all died in a freak accident around 14 years ago which had an unknown cause. Unfortunately, every user from 1 to 6 proved incredibly hard to find info on, which meant Izuku had to comb his way through records until he found possible candidates.

"Perhaps we should stop for a break?" All Might suggested, which Gran Torino surprisingly agreed to. Kendo, grateful for the break, walked over and plonked herself down next to Kurono and Izuku.

"How's it going?" Kendo asked.

"Just glad I'm not you right now," Kurono replied, smirking slightly.

"Would you like some tea, Young Kendo, Midoriya and Kurono?" All Might asked, appearing with a thermos filled with boiling water. They all agreed and thanked the man as he handed them their tea. Kendo was about to drink her tea when Izuku stopped her.

"Let it diffuse first, Kendo! Tea isn't exactly nice when it's just boiling water with one super concentrated amount of tea, is it?" Izuku said. What he wasn't expecting, however, was for Kendo's eyes to widen in shock and for her to jump to her feet, the tea all but forgotten.

"I've got it!" She exclaimed as she bent her knees and entered a combat pose. Suddenly, her veins began glowing red all across her body, and a few seconds later, orange and cyan sparks began sparking around her. She went for a punch, and while it wasn't nearly as strong as a 100% punch, it was still nothing to scoff at. And, most importantly, her arm wasn't broken.

"Well done, Young Kendo! You've improved significantly in these past 2 months to reach this point!" All Might congratulated, letting Kendo bask in the praise. Gran Torino also grumbled out a short well done.

"Well, kid, you've now unlocked the ability to not break your bones. Now, we move onto the next step,"

"What's that?" Kendo asked.

"Combat training," And without another word, Gran Torino jetted off the ground and smacked right into Kendo's gut, making her heave. Izuku got up to go and heal her, but Gran Torino stopped him.

"If she can't even take a single hit like that, then she'll be worthless in the real world. I don't want you healing her unless I say so, understand?" Izuku looked over at Kendo, who was starting to bounce back from the hit, and he reluctantly nodded.