Chapter 21: A Hero-In-Training, a Serial Killer

Chapter 21

"Isn't that the mean guy from the Sports Festival?" A kid whispered (although was it really whispering if he could hear it from here?)

"Yeah! He's got a dumb haircut!" Another kid laughed, pointing at his hair. This, of course, was considered peak comedy by the 6-year-old children (at least, that's how old Katsuki thought they were. Surely only a 6-year-old could be as tall as that) and they all laughed. Katsuki growled, but a hand landed on his shoulder.

"You must remain stoic in the face of ridicule, Bakugou," Best Jeanist chided, looking at Katsuki with stern eyes. Katsuki grumbled for a moment before dropping the subject and continuing to follow after Best Jeanist. All things considered; he wasn't enjoying his time with the man. Surprisingly, his main problem wasn't the lack of fighting. No, it was the fucking weird rules. Ok, Katsuki could maybe let the combed hairdo slide, seeing as that didn't affect much. But jeans? Nuh-uh. No way. Jeans are just not compatible with- with- with anything about Katsuki's costume or fighting style! Honestly? Katsuki wished he'd gone with someone like Miruko, who'd also sent him an offer, but whatever, he couldn't change that now.

Wouldn't stop him from hating Jeanist from here on out.

Katsuki mentally slapped himself. The whole 'hating everyone' thing was literally the main reason he'd come to Best Jeanist anyways. A Hero who's main thing is public service and being cool and collected? That's exactly what Katsuki wanted to learn now that he was trying to put his 100% violence mindset behind him. Not that he'd ever stop doing combat, he just figured a good place to start with becoming less of a...a bully, as De- Izuku had called him, would be with Jeanist. Oh, how wrong he was.

"You are already becoming better at remaining silent when targeted verbally. That is good," Best Jeanist commented as they continued their patrol, "At this rate, we can expect great progress from you, Bakugou," Katsuki muttered something similar to agreement, mixed with a bit of annoyance. As they walked past a café, Katsuki could hear a radio playing.

"-And in other news, Hero Killer Stain has reached an all-time high in search results, as word of his name spreads with every Hero he strikes down in the name of his mysterious cause! What do you think this psychotic villain's goal is, Ishigami?" One of the radio hosts asked, clearly asking his peer who was also in the studio with him, "Well, Shirogane, I'm personally more worried about the influx of people who have been turning up quirkless recently! And I don't mean born quirkless, I'm talking people with quirks just losing them out of nowhere!" Oh, now that was interesting. Katsuki had always heard tales of the quirk boogie man, usually by his parents trying to stop him from flaunting his quirk.

("Katsuki Bakugou! You stop that this instant!" Mitsuki barked at her misbehaving 9-year-old as he used his quirk to explode a flower while they walked.

"Or what?" Katsuki sneered. Mitsuki's face reddened with anger; they'd said raising a kid would be difficult, but she highly doubted that this was what they meant.

"Or else All for One will steal your quirk!" Mitsuki replied. Katsuki looked at her for a moment before bursting out into laughter.

"Yeah, right! He ain't even real! Otherwise, I doubt those extras at school would be calling him literally all kinds of names but that one you just pulled out of nowhere," Katsuki retorted. Mitsuki breathed through her nose. How had she talked herself into having a kid again?)

Of course, he'd always simply brushed off the idea of a quirk-stealing villain. It just didn't make sense to Katsuki how someone with a power that OP would stay out of the news. Surely if you could steal quirks, you'd be flaunting the shit as much as possible, right?