Chapter 19: Uncharted Territory

Chapter 19

"Midoriya, be honest," Todoroki stated as they stood outside the admittedly large gates to the compound, "Are you a Yakuza?" Izuku and Kurono laughed for a second before abruptly stopping.

"Maybe," They replied, dead serious, before resuming laughing again, leaving Todoroki utterly confused. 'What is this? Why are they laughing? What's so funny? What did they mean by "maybe"? are they half Yakuza? Quarter Yakuza? Does being a Yakuza count as like being American or something and can indeed be counted as half or quarter?' These thoughts all raced through his mind as Izuku and Kurono opened the gates to the complex, showcasing the immaculate garden that was kept by that thug with the leafipulation quirk; it turned out he had a passion for gardening.

"In all seriousness though, Todoroki," Kurono said, seriousness replacing humor, "Basically everyone in this complex minus us and Eri are Yakuza. So, if you're talking to anyone, be respectful, don't be nosy, and most of all, do not mention you are Endeavour's kid. Izuku gets a pass because they like him, you will most certainly not get a pass," Kurono looked at Todoroki for a couple more seconds before deciding that the message was understood. With that, they walked through the front up to the door, opening it up to reveal the traditional Japanese interior of the building.

"Yo, kids!" A thug called out as they entered, before glancing at Todoroki, "Hey, uh, who's the new kid?" Izuku gulped. How the hell were they gonna lie about this? These guys have known Kurono for years, there's no way that-

"Hm? Oh, this is my cousin, Hanta. I never even knew I had a cousin till I found out he also goes to UA! He's in a bit of a rough patch right now, so he'll be staying here for a while," Kurono lied as naturally as he breathed, and to Izuku's shock the thug bought it, simply nodding before walking off. Izuku leaned over to Kurono.

"How the hell did he believe that?" he whispered. Kurono raised an eyebrow at Izuku.

"They're thugs Izuku, not trained police officers. Plus, they trust me, so they'll believe what I say if it isn't too ridiculous," Kurono explained, which made Izuku feel incredibly stupid. Stupid or not, the trio makes their way to the kitchen, where they catch Irinaka giving Eri lollies.

"Irinaka," Izuku says, startling the man, "Eri's not allowed to have sweets before tea, isn't she?" Irinaka gulps, and for such a pointy and angry looking man, he sure does give off an aura of fear.

"I-In my defense, Kurono does it too!" Irinaka counters. Izuku spins to look at Kurono, who glares at Irinaka.

"You lying, cheating, piece of-,"

"Izuku! Kurono!" Eri cheers, running up to the two of them before stopping as she catches sight of the currently Kurono-fied Todoroki, "Not-Kurono..." She mutters apprehensively, which makes Izuku and Kurono chuckle. Izuku puts his hand on the head of 'Not-Kurono', and with a quick blitz he reworks Todoroki's face back to normal. His hair turns back to it's dual colour scheme, his left eye fading into blue and the skin around that blue eye turns an angry red, with grooves and marks signifying it's burnt status. When the transformation finishes, Todoroki blinks.

"Well, that was horrifically painful," He deadpans.

"Did it not hurt the first time?" Izuku asks, wondering why he only mentions this now. Before Todoroki can reply however, Izuku noticed that Eri was hiding behind his leg.

"H-He tried to hurt you," She murmured. Izuku began frantically waving his arms in a bid to fix the situation.

"What? No! We were just...playfighting! Yeah! Nobody was going to be hurt!" Izuku explained. He saw Todoroki open his mouth to say something, most likely contradictory to what Izuku said. Izuku glared at him, and Todoroki's mouth shut tight before opening again.