Chapter 26: Pocket Sand!

Chapter 26

"So, giant robots?" Izuku repeated as he, Reiko, Kendo, Momo, Tokoyami and the rest of 1-A walked towards the designated area.

"That's what...what was he called? The big punching 2nd year from the Sports Festival who you left me to fight? Yeah, he told me about it, something about repaying me for a good fight." Kendo replied, shrugging. Izuku hummed, and glanced at Reiko. They'd decided to keep their relationship a secret for now, which unfortunately meant that he couldn't hug her, or hold her hand, or act at all lovey-dovey with her, and wow did he grow into the whole wholesome romantic fluff thing fast. The only one who knew was Kurono, and he'd practically had to peel them off of each other when he drove them to UA.

"We have crossed paths with the darkness many a times, a few androids will be no threat." Tokoyami waved off, talking in his usual cryptic way.

"Yeah, but what if it's those zero pointers?" Momo pointed out.

"I can punch them." Kendo stated.

"Dark Shadow shall eviscerate them." Tokoyami declared.

"I shall work as support from the background." Reiko decided.

"I can slap them out of existence." Izuku countered. Momo pouted, but had no time to pursue the topic as they had reached the place they had been told to go. And for some reason, Izuku wasn't liking the firing squad of heroes they had lined up in front of them. Aizawa, Present Mic, Snipe, Midnight, Power Loader, Cementoss, 13 and Nedzu were all standing there. Or, in Nedzu's case, sitting in Aizawa's scarf.

"Greetings, students! You have been deceived!" Nedzu exclaimed. Which very much so worried every student present, especially Kaminari and Mina as they put two-and-two together and realized that they'd be fighting real people with brains that can tactically outmaneuver them 3 ways to hell. Or, at least, Izuku assumed that, as their faces were horribly pale right now.

"Uh, Principal Nedzu, what do you mean we've been deceived?" Kendo asked, still holding out hope that maybe they would still be fighting robots.

"You were told that you would be fighting robots, but after consideration of the year that has been had, we have decided to change it up a bit! This year, you shall be fighting your teachers!" Nedzu announced, and Izuku felt the souls of at least half the class disappear at once, most notably being Hagakure, Mina, and Kaminari.

"Izuku?" Reiko whispered, leaning up to Izuku's ear, "We're fucked."

"Yeah...yeah, I think we might be." Izuku replied, his body filling with dread as if he was a boat with holes in the bay in the middle of the ocean. Aizawa then stepped forward to begin explaining the exam.

"You'll be put in groups of two and will be assigned a teacher that we believe will provide the best challenge to your weaknesses. You'll either have to put these handcuffs on us," Aizawa showed a pair of gold and black handcuffs as he said that, "Or escape the arena before time runs out. You will have 20 minutes to do either of these, and if time runs out you instantly fail the examination. Oh, and you can still fail even if you beat your assigned opponent." Okay, Izuku could handle groups of two. That was great! Unfortunately, he was still going up against a pro with at least 30 years of experience on him. That was not great! That was actually fucking terrible!

He eyed up the teachers, thinking who he could beat. 'Midnight would be a breeze, Power Loader would probably be fine, Snipe just has a gun, I can heal from the bullet wounds, I can also manipulate the ground faster than Cementoss, so I'd be fine, Ectoplasm is a maybe, I can get 13 if I hit her from behind, Present Mic I can just overhaul my ears to negate the effects of Voice, Nedzu always has a plan and I don't think I could beat him because he's small and fast, Aizawa could erase my quirk and would probably kick my ass, and All Might is All Might, I'd get my ass whooped.'