Chapter 23: Of Doctors and Designers

Chapter 23

"Iida's a fucking idiot." Were the first words that Kurono said after Izuku narrated the events of the night over their phone call. And honestly, Izuku agreed with Kurono, and by the looks of it so did everyone else that had been present that day. Hell, probably even god was in agreement with them at this point, "So, any idea what punishment you're getting?" Izuku groaned, remembering the shit Stain had just pulled not even an hour ago.

"No idea. If it hadn't been for Stain snitching, we'd probably get off mostly Scott free. But now that, well, Stain snitched, we don't really know what's gonna happen." Izuku replied. Kurono hummed for a moment before he spoke again.

"Well, if you get arrested, just remember I am now legally a terrorist and can easily break you out of jail!" Kurono said enthusiastically. Oh, right, Izuku kind of forgot that Kurono had done that.

"You still haven't told me who this terrorist group is." Izuku deadpanned, which elicited a chuckle from Kurono.

"Ha! If I told you, they'd kill both of us!" Kurono joked, but Izuku felt that he was being dead serious when he said that but he just said it in a joking tone. Izuku sighed and said goodbye before ending the call, returning his phone to his pocket, and returning to the room he was sharing with Kendo and Iida (they'd tried to separate them, but upon Kendo saying she's a lesbian they just shrugged and let them be), where the two of them were waiting. As soon as Izuku opened the door, Iida marched towards him.

"Midoriya!" Iida exclaimed, bowing in front of Izuku, "Once again, thank you for saving me from my idiocy! Now may we please visit my brother?" Before Izuku could reply, Iida was already walking out of the room, leaving Izuku to catch up.

"You're still an idiot." Izuku stated as they walked side by side.

"I am aware, and I will endeavor to change that." Iida replied, causing Izuku to smile.

"Well, at least you're willing to accept your flaws." Izuku chuckled. Already, they had reached a room, and when Iida opened it Izuku almost though there was some magic bullshit going on because there was a second Iida on the hospital bed. It took him a moment to realize it was Iida's brother, but when he did, he walked up to the side of his bed, meeting the older man's eyes.

"Oh, you're that Midoriya kid, right?" Ingenium asked, a tired smile on his face, "Tenya told me a lot about you!" Iida blushed and stammered a denial of such events ever occurring, which renewed Izuku's smile.

"Yeah, that's me," Izuku replied, "Anyways, I'm here to heal you, Ingenium-San-,"

"Bah! Just call me Tensei! Everyone does!" Tensei insisted. Izuku cleared his throat and spoke again.

"Er, yeah. Anyways, I've come to heal you, by Iid- uh, Tenya's request." It was surprisingly awkward for Izuku to have such a chill conversation with Iida's brother. Tenya 'stick up ass' Iida. Tenya 'stickler for rules' Iida. Tenya 'attempted serial killer killer' Iida. Out of all the things Izuku had expected, the last thing on that list had been Iida's brother being so cool and relaxed.

"Don't you need a doctor's permission for that?" Tensei asked seriously, making Iida and Izuku freeze up. A moment of silence passed before Tensei laughed a laugh that was so loud and enthusiastic that Izuku would have never guessed he and Tenya were related if it hadn't been for their physical similarities, "Just kidding! As a Pro Hero, I give you permission to use your quirk on me!" Tensei declared, giving a thumbs up, Izuku smiled shakily in response and put his hand on Tensei's leg.

"Oh, by the way, this'll probably hurt." And without any further warning, Izuku blasted Tensei's legs apart, pulling a strangled cry of pain from the man for a moment before his legs were repaired and the pain was gone, leaving a shocked Tensei behind.