Chapter 5: Quirk Theory and Nedzu

Izuku made his way through the compound to the boss' office, however when he opened the door he was greeted with an unfamiliar face. Sitting on the left couch in front of The Boss' desk was a small girl with short pale blue hair and large red eyes, and most noticeably, a short horn protruding from her forehead. She looked at Izuku with sad eyes for a second before looking away. Izuku looked up at the boss and raised an eyebrow, eliciting a sigh from the man.

"This is my granddaughter, Eri. My daughter sent her here after she somehow made her father disappear entirely," The Boss explained. Izuku felt a pang in his chest, relating to how they had both killed one of their parents. He made his way to Eri and gave her a smile.

"Hi, Eri! My name is Izuku Midoriya, nice to meet you!" Izuku greeted. Eri looked at him, but there were no signs of a smile coming anytime soon. Izuku wasn't sure how to handle a small child, but he wouldn't give up!

"Oh, and Izuku?" Izuku straightened up at the voice of The Boss, "Could you come here for a moment?"

"Yes sir," Izuku replied as he walked over to the man.

"I want you to figure out what her quirk is. I'd take her to a Quirk Doctor, but your quirk analysis skills are so good I may as well get you to do it yourself. Reckon you can do that?" The man whispered conspiratorially. Izuku looked over at Eri and sighed. On the one hand, it sounded exciting to be able to study a new quirk like this. On the other hand, this sounded insanely challenging to figure out. But...well, Izuku was always up for a challenge.

"Yeah, I can do it," Izuku replied, earning a smile from the man.

"That's my boy. Now, how did your exam go?" The mention of 'exam' immediately flicked a switch in Izuku's head, making him go overdrive.

"Oh it was great I almost fell over at the entrance but this ghost like girl used her quirk to save me so it was fine and after the written test which went smoothly was the practical and that went really well and I used my quirk to make a gun from the parts of a robot and then later on that same girl from outside hurt her ankle and was about to be crushed by the Zero Pointer so I used my quirk to destroy it and heal her and then I fell unconscious!" Izuku breathed in an industrial amount of air once he finished, having not stopped talking for about 20 whole seconds. The Boss sighed, long tired of Izuku's habit to blab everything out all at once.

"You know, maybe you should start your research now," The Boss suggested, and Izuku whole heartedly agreed.

Her quirk made her father disappear without a trace

Most likely connected with the horn on her head

So far, that was all that Izuku had on Eri's quirk, who was currently sitting on a chair in a small laboratory Izuku had made out of a spare room. Ever since he was young, Izuku had been fascinated by the human body, specifically quirks. He even had a genome sequencer as well, which he had used to study DNA sequences, having found many interesting details, such as how Emitter, Transformation and Mutation quirks all had sequences that differentiated them from each other. Currently, the machine was busy with some of Eri's DNA, which should only take about 15 more minutes – something that would have taken a whole day back in the pre-quirk era.

"Maybe I should study Itsuka's DNA Sequence, what with her having two quirks and all that," Izuku muttered to himself, mentally tucking away the idea for later.

"Who's Itsuka?" Eri asked, startling Izuku.

"Ah! Itsuka is a friend of mine! I should have a picture of her on my phone..." Izuku replied as he pulled out his phone and searched through it until he found a picture. He showed it to Eri, who looked at it with her white eyes.