Chapter 28: Intermission

Chapter 28

"I've never flown on an aeroplane before." Reiko admitted as their private jet took off from the airport. Izuku chuckled slightly as he scratched the back of his head.

"Yeah, same. Should be fun though, right?" He replied, a smile on his face, which Reiko returned with a smile of her own.

"Darling, anything could be enjoyable when you are involved." A moment passed where she didn't realize what she had said, and for that singular moment there was pure silence between them. Then, Izuku's brain caught up with what Reiko had said.

"D-Darling?" He squawked, a blush on his face which was matched by Reiko's as she realized what she had called Izuku. She quickly her face behind her hands, and if she screamed in embarrassment then it was drowned out by the plane starting up.

"I-I'm sorry, that was completely and entirely uncalled for, Izuku. I had simply been...fantasizing of referring to you as that..." Reiko explained, moving her hands away slightly so she could be understood. Izuku looked at Reiko for a moment, then looked away again quickly.

"I...I kind of like it." He admitted, sneaking a look at Reiko as he said it. Reiko seemed surprised, but soon after a wave of relief seemed to splash over here, easing her tensions.

"I'm glad to hear that, d-darling." She replied, a smile on her face. A few seconds later, they stumbled around for a moment as the plane began moving, and they shared a spooked look.

"Er, do we need to sit down?" He questioned. Reiko shrugged.

"It would be reasonable to assume so." She replied, and so the two of them quickly got into the shockingly comfortable chairs, and then they looked down at their seatbelts.

"...How on earth?" Reiko muttered as she fiddled around with the confusing contraption. Izuku did the same, before finally giving up and just tossing the seatbelt down. Reiko soon followed suit, and the two opted to just hold on tight as the plane began to take flight.

"How long was it to I-Island again?" Izuku asked, trying to remember the time of arrival.

"Two hours, if I remember correctly." Reiko replied, hands digging into the arms of the chair as the plane lifted off the tarmac, her eyes scrunched up in terror. Izuku couldn't help but chuckle at that.

"I thought you watched horror movies for a living! How are you scared?" He joked, and to his surprise Reiko opened her eyes to give him a deadpan glare.

"Oh, yes, because I definitely choose to squander my time viewing horror movies when I am not frightened by them. Why would any person watch a horror movie if they are easily scared? Surely, they cannot be attempting to receive a hit of adrenaline from watching foolish teenagers attempt to do battle with a supernatural opponent, could they?" She snarked. Izuku blushed in embarrassment, scratching the back of his head.

"Oh, right...sorry." He replied. Reiko simply sighed, looking out the window.

"It seems we have stabilized. This is wonderful." She noted. She then carefully got out of her chair and waltzed over to Izuku before sitting on his lap, causing Izuku to squeak in surprise.

"R-Reiko! What are you doing?" He asked in a high-pitched voice.

"My survival of the liftoff has emboldened me, I believe. If I could survive an event such as that, then I may truly be invincible. And if I just so happen to be that, then I wish to sit in your lap." She explained matter-of-factly, settling herself deeper into Izuku's lap in a way that was making something rise, and it wasn't anything wholesome.