Chapter 31: Keeping Up With The Villains

Chapter 31

"And how is everything going, Kurono-Kun?" Re-Destro asked over the phone, sounding politely interested. Kurono leaned against the phone box as he held the payphone against his ear (he had no idea why they still existed, but they were fun to use).

"Uh, yeah, fine. Went to I-Island during that terrorist attack and got stuck in my hotel room." He lied, eyes dull as he waited for any notable information from his 'Boss'. A new assignment, some news that Nedzu might like, anything, really. He could faintly hear some classical music playing in the background of the phone call.

"Ah, such a tragedy! You know, I do wonder what happened to the mastermind of the operation?"

"I think he ended up getting away." That was a lie as well. Kurono knew damn well that they'd decided to just cover it up. After all, it's a lot better to say a villain got away with no casualties than another villain came in, murdered the original villain, and then stole something. Re-Destro let out a sigh on the other end of the line.

"It's truly shameful how these heroes failed to stop a small group of terrorists from taking an entire island. Not only that, but an island which at that point in time held no less than three top heroes from around the world!" Kurono hummed in half-hearted agreement.

"If the civilians were permitted to use their quirks, it probably could have been avoided." Kurono mentioned.

"Ha! See? That's what I was saying earlier when I heard the news! You truly are a wonderful member of the MLA, Kurono-Kun!" Re-Destro said, and Kurono could tell he was smiling just from the tone of his voice, "Anyways, I suppose I have kept you for far too long now. Will you be coming to Deika City for dinner next week still?" Ah, Kurono had forgotten about that. Apparently, he would be meeting the other leaders of the MLA, who he still hadn't met yet. That would be an interesting experience.

"Of course, nothing can keep me from coming! See you there, sir!" And with that, Kurono hung up the phone, letting out a sigh after a few seconds. It was tiring, being a double agent, especially when you were a double agent for two separate organizations which are undoubtedly not fond of each other. He was looking forward to tonight; he, Shiozaki and Mei would be going out for dinner, and honestly, he couldn't wait to cuddle with them again. A smile lit up his face at the thought of that. Sure, their relationship had it's ups and downs, but they loved each other in the end.

But unfortunately, that would have to wait. He still had another thing to do. He stretched as he left the phone box and went up the stairs of a building before opening a door to a bar.

"Fucking noob, learn to play!" The raspy voice of Shigaraki yelled, his metal fingers clearly going overtime.

"Says the button masher!" Spinner retorted, revealing they were most likely playing a fighting game. Probably not All Might's Roughhouse Royale though, seeing as it featured All Might.

"Good afternoon, Kurono-Kun! Glad to see you're alright!" Mr Compress greeted, sitting at the bar as he played with a deck of cards. Kurono offered a smile to the masked man, and gave a small wave.

"Everything going good, Compress?" He asked, sitting next to him at the bar.

"Well, Shigaraki and Chisaki have been informing us of a most spectacular plan! Although, I do not believe you're aware of it yet, are you?" Kurono's eyebrows raised in surprise. A plan? Kurono didn't know anything about that. He wondered what it was?

"Er, no, I haven't been told. What is it?"

"We're gonna attack the UA Training Camp," Kurono jumped in surprise as Shigaraki came out of nowhere, taking a seat at the end of the bar, metal arm tapping the wood, "Don't worry, you won't be needed. We've already figured out where the camp is gonna be." Kurono held in a sigh of relief at that. At least he could tell Nedzu to move the camp, and then Izuku and his other friends could enjoy one week without any stupid stuff happening.